Between work and the weather, my car was feeling a bit neglected...
Valve cover gasket has been replaced.
I finally got the front suspension finished up.
Killen Springs all around
KYB Gas A Just all around
New ball joints - upper and lower. Both uppers were TOAST...
New Tie-rod ends
New tie-rod boots
Remove, clean and repack CV's + new boots
- saw some pitting - put on the replace
But I ordered a Clarion CZ500 this week plus a set of Boston Acoustics to replace my tired speakers.
Should increase the driving pleasure....
PS. Found the CZ500 on Amazon for $88.00
good price for the specs.......
Fuel pumps are in...
Brakes are bled....
I did not realize just how much air I let back into the system when I dropped the rear end. It took FOREVER to get the air out of passenger side brake line. When I disconnected the hard brake lines on the axle from the soft lines at the body, I used some large vacuum plugs to stop the bleeding. On one I left the nut off the fitting and plug slipped all the way on with a nice tidy seal. The other, I put both nuts on and then
Rear Kilen springs are installed.
Rear KYB's are installed.
Nice clean gas tank is reinstalled.
New fuel filter installed.
New intank fuel return line installed. It is engineered to be submersible in gas.
Available at NAPA, part number: H209
I'll be putting the fuel pumps back in tonight.
Need to bleed the rear brakes. Definitely going to order a set of speed bleeders
Pulled the rear end yesterday.
I knocked the rust of the rear axle, put on a couple of coats or primer and then put on three coats of "tractor implement" paint. That stuff is as tough as nails.