Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    troubles ordering the part apparently its not in stock they don't know the part number and are now looking , it sounds like it is going to be difficult

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    just got confirmation it is not available anymore
    [FONT=Calibri]Mr. E, after checking into this more, it looks like we can no longer acquire this from Saab. I have checked availability of the part and Saab has none and the catalog specifies that this part is No Longer Serviced.[/FONT]

That's odd. I recommend contacting Saab parts North America and asking what the plan is. They were the ones who told me about the part.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    so is there an action to be taken or....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    How long should the install take?

Any tips on lowering the exhaust? Do I need to jack up the car first? or can I leave it on the ground?

I'm going to attempt to do it this weekend.
    hi mark

about half a day to three quarters depending on your aptitude..

lowering the exhaust requires the removal of the rubber grommets that hold them in place. Just lather up with dish washing liquid and wrestle and pry them off the pegs. Have something there to hold it up rather than letting it hit the ground.

No no jacking the car required. Plenty of clearance for every task involved.

Good luck.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    I wimped out.. Just ordered the Curt Class 3 kit from Amazon. A lot cheaper and the Exhaust isn't in they way. Mount points are vertical instead of horizontal.

I got a similar story about the cover, it being NLS. In emails, I got told this part was for 2012 and newer. In trying to confirm the part I want (since my VIN is 2011), they sent a picture from SaabEPC of the tow bar setup, but it says "from 2012" and looks way different than the GM/SRX kit, and what under my car looks like. The same part number for the cover is shown. They weren't sure it was what I wanted.

I must have got my order in just before sveba, since they told me they show 1, weren't sure if they can get. After I sent confirmation based on their SaabEPC diagram, and sent them picture (from this thread) they are trying to order and will see if it gets filled or canceled due to lack of stock.

The only thing to worry about now is IF I get the cover, will it fit with the Curt hitch on there rather than the stock one.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 30 July 2014 at 01:42.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    Correct from what I hear as long as your not doing it on a daily basis you can tow a bit more.
    Then the son comes home from college, borrows mom's car, loads up four 200# friends, puts the Thule luggage carrier on the roof, eight cases of beer, hitches the ski boat, fills it with duffel bags and heads up the mountain to Tahoe. Expect a phone call from just this side of the summit. "Uh, Mom, you got triple-A or something, because this thing just stopped in a pretty bad place."

jack vines

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    I wimped out.. Just ordered the Curt Class 3 kit from Amazon. A lot cheaper and the Exhaust isn't in they way. Mount points are vertical instead of horizontal.

I got a similar story about the cover, it being NLS. In emails, I got told this part was for 2012 and newer. In trying to confirm the part I want (since my VIN is 2011), they sent a picture from SaabEPC of the tow bar setup, but it says "from 2012" and looks way different than the GM/SRX kit, and what under my car looks like. The same part number for the cover is shown. They weren't sure it was what I wanted.

I must have got my order in just before sveba, since they told me they show 1, weren't sure if they can get. After I sent confirmation based on their SaabEPC diagram, and sent them picture (from this thread) they are trying to order and will see if it gets filled or canceled due to lack of stock.

The only thing to worry about now is IF I get the cover, will it fit with the Curt hitch on there rather than the stock one.
    you can always send it on to me if its the cover as shown

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Well, the Curt kit is installed, since its not the SRX hitch that is the subject of this thread, I posted over in -> http://saabworld.net/f141/9-4x-tow-h...html#post61626

But I did get word that my Saab 9-4x Hitch Cover part has shipped. Checking the tracking number I was given on the US Postal Service web site, it looks like it may arrive tomorrow.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Well, the Curt kit is installed, since its not the SRX hitch that is the subject of this thread, I posted over in -> http://saabworld.net/f141/9-4x-tow-h...html#post61626

But I did get word that my Saab 9-4x Hitch Cover part has shipped. Checking the tracking number I was given on the US Postal Service web site, it looks like it may arrive tomorrow.
    please keep me posted and where did you order it?