• CHECK ENGINE.
Type of diagnosis:
- Continuous. But interrupted when fault criteria fulfilled and will not restart until next driving cycle.
- General conditions for this trouble code: Atmospheric pressure must exceed 72 kPa and the engine coolant and intake air temperatures must exceed -7 °C.
- Main relay voltage exceeding 10V. Engine speed below 3500 rpm. The inlet pressure drops rapidly by more than 3 kPa whereupon the accelerator pedal is fully released. The charge air pressure exceeds 120 kPa. The solenoid valve for the by-pass valve has been deactivated.
- Charge air pressure pulsating at 14-18 Hz with amplitude exceeding 3 kPa. Criteria must be fulfilled on two separate occasions within 600 s during the same driving cycle.
- P0106, P0107, P0108, P1105, P1106, P1107, P1108, P1530, P1531, P1532, P1631, P1632 and P1633.
System reaction to a fault:
- The MAP sensor is used as a substitute value.
- Enable criteria fulfilled and amplitude below 1 kPa. Criteria must be fulfilled on three consecutive occasions during the same driving cycle.
Fault diagnosis concerns a fault in connecting control hoses, in the solenoid valve or the bypass valve.
Functions in the diagnostic tool related to the fault:
• Diagnostic status for the diagnosis.
• Activate output for bypass solenoid.