11 February 2012, 17:37
P1334 - Combustion Detection Cyl 3+4
Combustion Detection Cyl. 3+4. Open Circuit / Short to B+.
• CHECK ENGINE.
Type of diagnosis:
- Continuous. But interrupted when fault criteria fulfilled and will not restart until next driving cycle.
- General conditions for this trouble code: Atmospheric pressure must exceed 72 kPa and the engine coolant and intake air temperatures must exceed -7°C.
- Engine running. Main relay voltage exceeding 10V. Ignition synchronized.
- Voltage exceeding 5V continuously during 200 combustions.
System reaction to a fault:
- Enable criteria fulfilled. Fault criteria for P1312 or P1334 not fulfilled within 300 combustions.
Fault handling: (See section Fault handling III, other emission-related components and functions for more information.)
- Type III.
Fault diagnosis concerns an electrical fault in the connecting leads.
• Combustion Detection Cyl 3+4/Bank2, unit %
Checking the wiring
￼￼￼￼Jiggle the wiring harness at several points and in different directions to detect intermittent breaks and short circuits. Observe the multimeter, diagnostic tool or test lamp during the check.