Model year 2002-2005
(scroll down for Model year 2006-2009)
1. Remove the centre grille as follows:
1.A. Lift slightly to release the bottom edge.
1.B. Pull it down and forwards to release the spring clip.
2. Remove the side grille from the back by bending up the lower clips to release them. Lift away the side grille.
3. LH: Remove the top of the battery cover.
4. Press down the snap fastener and detach the direction indicator.
5. Unplug the direction indicator connector and remove the direction indicator.
6. Remove the protective cover on the lamp to facilitate removing the headlamp.
7. Remove the screws and clip.
8. Lift out the headlamp slightly to facilitate unplugging the lamp connector.
9. Unplug the connector and lift away the headlamp.
1. Position the headlamp drain hose so that it point downward.
Make sure the headlamp drain hose is not pinched. The hose must not be kinked.
2. Spray with "Kontakt 61" and plug in the connector. Fit the headlamp at an angle towards the mounting. Press the clip onto the front wing.
3. Fit the screws to secure the headlamp.
4. Fit the protective cover on the lamp.
5. Plug in the direction indicator.
6. Place the direction indicator so that the three guide pins are correctly located. Press on the direction indicator, making sure the clip fastens properly.
7. Fit the side grille and centre grille by pressing them back in position.
8. LH: Fit the top of the battery cover.
9. Check headlamp alignment and adjust as necessary, see Headlamp adjustment.