Supplies needed: CR1632 battery
Tools needed: Small precision screwdriver, large paperclip or other metal wire
Difficulty rating: 1 (scale 1 to 5)
Time estimate: 5 minutes
The SID will display a message when the battery needs to be replaced. I tried to find these CR1632 batteries in local stores but no luck. I found them on eBay and paid $3.49 for 2, including shipping.
There is a hole on the side of the key (see red arrow). It's easiest to use a small precision screwdriver because a paperclip or other metal wire may not be strong enough to push the back cover off. Replace battery and put cover back on.
If you press the key buttons after replacing the battery and nothing happens, start the car with the key so it can synchronize with the TWICE module in the car. It should work fine after that. Or follow the WIS instructions below.
Instruction from the WIS
1. Open the cover by pressing in/down in the hole using a small screwdriver 1.2-1.4 mm in diameter.
2. Press the retaining heel away from the battery.
1. Insert the new battery under the two contacts and then press down to secure the battery under the retaining heel.
2. Fit the cover.
Make sure the lid is fitted correctly and is properly sealed to comply with waterproof requirements.
3. Press the remote's unlocking button at least 4 times to synchronize the remote with TWICE.
Note: The car must be within range when this is done.
4. After synchronizing, the direction indicators should flash when the remote is operated.