Antenna, GPS/mobile telephone (4D)
Vehicles from model year 2001 and VIN 13047361 without handsfree provision have a dummy antenna fitted to the roof. For more information, see Telephone connection.
If uncertain as to whether the car has handsfree provision, carry out a check. Use a torch to shine through the microphone grille. On cars with handsfree provision, a black microphone is clearly visible behind the grille. On cars without handsfree provision, there is just empty space behind the grille.
1. Remove the LH and RH C-pillar trim.
2. Remove the brake light cover.
3. Remove the courtesy handle on the LH and RH sides.
4. Fold down the seat cushions and backrests.
5. Remove the centre head restraint.
6. Remove the roof clips.
7. Carefully bend down the headlining.
8. Unplug any antenna connectors.
9. Loosen the nut and remove the antenna.
1. Refit the antenna and plug in any connectors.
2. Tighten the nut.
Tightening torque 3.0 Nm (2.2 lbf ft)
3. Bend back the headlining and refit the clips.
4. Fit the centre head restraint.
5. Return the seat cushions and backrests to the upright position.
6. Fit the courtesy handle on the LH and RH sides.
7. Fit the brake light cover.
8. Fit the LH and RH C-pillar trim.