Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab(s)
    86 SPG, 88 SPG, 91 SPG, 88 SiS, 89 900T, 96 900 SE CV, 96 Aero, 00 9-3 SE CV, 90 JetPack, 94 CE
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
    Alright.....
    Lets see what you got to offer in the terms of expertise!
    While your looking for the location for the event I'd like like to see up to date pics (video would also be nice) of completed projects and completed performance engines that the tuner and or engine builder has done (and should be very proud to show off.!)would be nice to tell us who the "Great One" is...
    I await to see all the elements come together..!

I found some pictures of the conversion and I think I have some track video of before and after the T5. I will email the video to you.

We have locked down dates and a location. I have posted an event thread. MikeD is the tuner we have coming. He has a website you can check out, complete with past projects and testimonials. I'm not sure if you are familiar with him, but he has done numerous T5 conversions and he has been hands on with what I think are two of the more powerful and solid street SAABs, stateside. I will include the links for the build threads in my email. Brian K has also started a T5 registry on Facebook for the 99 / c900 you can view.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Hi SPG9, Unfortunately I'm on call that weekend, but I'll keep an eye out if you do any other tuning sessions. I just bought my first C900 with the intent to do a turbo/5spd swap and ultimately a T5, so I'm definitely in need of learning more C900-fu. Thanks for the tip on the T5 FB group!
    Andy

Saab(s)
    86 SPG, 88 SPG, 91 SPG, 88 SiS, 89 900T, 96 900 SE CV, 96 Aero, 00 9-3 SE CV, 90 JetPack, 94 CE
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR99 View Post
    Hi SPG9, Unfortunately I'm on call that weekend, but I'll keep an eye out if you do any other tuning sessions. I just bought my first C900 with the intent to do a turbo/5spd swap and ultimately a T5, so I'm definitely in need of learning more C900-fu. Thanks for the tip on the T5 FB group!
    Andy

Hello XLR99:

Sorry you will not be able to make it. I understand, all to well, when duty calls! No worries. We are already gearing up for round two. Up next, I'll be converting my SiS to T5 and it looks like a few other SAAB owners, that I know, are getting ready to take the plunge as well; a beautiful "BumbleBee"(I'm already predicting that this car will be an award winner), a gorgeous 99(already a proven and worthy award winner), and a newly restored SPG that really came out awesome. I'm even working on Master G. I sent him the build thread link to Aaron's GG Beast, that he recently sold --- I think Master G was impressed.

I will definitely let you know about the next session. If I can get the commitments, we will try to get together at Harvey's Autohaus again --- if he will have us, hopefully before SAABs@Carlisle. If we can't squeeze it in before Carlisle, MikeD will be doing tunes during the Show as usual.

Best wishes with your c900 project and keep us posted.

Happy New Year!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1992 900 N/A
    Very Nice Saab...!

man I wish I was up North (less the snow) to join in on this meet. MikeD mailbox me a T5.2 ECM and its been great; just have a stupid issue with evap purge CEL that wont go out even though MikeD eliminated Evap Purge in the ECM... weirdest shit ever.. Would love for him to have a looksy in person and road tune my car...

damn.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B202NUT View Post
    Very Nice Saab...!

man I wish I was up North (less the snow) to join in on this meet. MikeD mailbox me a T5.2 ECM and its been great; just have a stupid issue with evap purge CEL that wont go out even though MikeD eliminated Evap Purge in the ECM... weirdest shit ever.. Would love for him to have a looksy in person and road tune my car...

damn.
    Thanks, we had an awesome time. MikeD really knows his stuff, the road tuning makes all the difference.

If you can get a few people in your area interested in getting a tune or a T5 conversion, you could probably get him to come down for a weekend session.

I have been waiting for you to give us an update on your thread. Have you finished up with the wood interior?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1992 900 N/A
    I have the dash finished. Let me see if I can find a picture.. oil leak from the rear engine plate has plucked my last nerve. Started pulling the motor last week....

I am originally form CT. Once I grow another nut (kind of chicken shit), I wanna take the chance of driving the vert form FLA to CT and meet up with MikeD in Mass.

My wife just wont take part in that road trip as she has no confidence the C900 will trek the terrain without a hiccup.... Me I know it should get me there and back without a hitch....

Saab(s)
    Sorry to hear about the oil leak, hopefully you will get it sorted without much issue.

Looking forward to seeing your completed dash!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1992 900 N/A
    leak is totally my fault..

I used anaerobic sealant at the rear engine plate and timing chain cover. I thought I was very thorough with cleaning and I even roughed the mating surface with emory paper. \

What I should have did was go to autozone and purchase the Dorman C900 engine seal kit and used both anaerobic sealant and a gasket....

My leak is at the rear engine plate, and somewhere just above the driver side driver cup. Not only is it engine out for the rear plate but its also separate motor and tranny....

if it was a 5 speed I would be able to sort the plate with motor insitu but not so lucky,,,,

I only got as far as removing the IC piping and simple stuff... this weekend I will remove the bumper....