Instructions for the 2006 Saab 9-3. Other model years may be the same but could be different.
1. Raise the car.
2. Remove the wheel.
3. Remove the retaining spring from the brake caliper.
4. Press in the piston by prising with a screwdriver against the brake pad.
5. Remove the protective covers and guide pins. Lift off the hydraulic body.
Be careful when handling the brake hose.
6. Remove the inner brake pad from the caliper and the outer brake pad from the bracket. Clean the inside of the brake caliper and check the dust covers.
1. Lubricate the pad sliding surfaces with Special paste.
2. Place the outer brake pad into the carrier.
Fit the inner brake pad into the hydraulic body.
The inner brake pad must be fitted so that the arrow points in the direction of rotation of the brake disc for forward travel.
3. Place the hydraulic body into the carrier.
Fit the guide pins.
Tightening torque 28 Nm (21 lbf ft)
4. Fit the protective covers.
5. Fit the retaining spring to the brake caliper. Lay the outer contact surfaces against the bracket and push the centre of the clip.
6. Fit the wheel.
7. Lower the car.
8. Depress the brake pedal repeatedly in order to press out the brake pistons.
9. Check the brake fluid level and top up as necessary.
10. Check the operation of the foot brake.