Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    93 2003

Question Alarm power-window control module

Hi,

I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear edition sedan for 3 months. Car is equipped with alarm system and power-windows (all original as I know).

I was surprised when I first alarmed the car and the open windows didn't go up. Is it an issue with my alarm system, or is it the standard functioning. If the latter, I guess/hope there is an addition module for the alarm system which can control the power-window to automatically lift all up when car alarmed.

Please advise,
    Thanks Krisztian

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Welcome to the SaabWorld, Krisztian

What you have is how the alarm arming works, and unfortunately there is no OEM fix for it.

Given you have the late MY2003 (the "facelifted"), it is in some markets fitted with the Comfort closing / opening function, available with pinch protection. It closes the windows by pressing the remote control's lock button continuously, however not working with the alarm. It opens the windows by pressing the unlock button continuously.

Saab(s)
    93 2003
    Hi,

Thanks the info.
    Tried to press lock key for 5 seconds but nothing has happened.

I will search for OEM accessory for the facelifted version. Maybe it is compatible with the old version too.
    Anyway I think a common alarm system has comfort module for max $50, which could be hacked into Saab.

Thanks again.