Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 Convertible
    I own a Tech 2 and want to mention one thing not referenced above - the sofware program on the laptop which is used as part of the Tech 2. There are two good ones I have found ( and am using ) that actually provide a security pass to enable access to the system for the codes needed as part of the SPS.

Saabs in Texas or outside the Northeast are an endangered species. The few dealers, most at least 60 miles distant - if not more, who will work on a Saab want the car for a few days and can charge at least $125 minimum just for the Tech 2 diagnosis. The repair bills can be staggering.

I like having the Tech 2 as I can actually set up my car as I want it. There are many little changes that can be done on lights, locks and other things.

A Saab is actually not a complicated vehicle, other than the electronics. I am able to fix most things myself, but I would not be able to do so without the Tech 2 unit. I will sell my Tech 2 when I sell my Saab. My neighbor wants the Tech 2 for its GM card ( which I bought ). I have alreadys paid for the Tech 2 in savings and, when I sell the unit, will get more money back.

That's just me - others are different.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Sportcombi BCB Stage 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TKFortney View Post
    I own a Tech 2 and want to mention one thing not referenced above - the sofware program on the laptop which is used as part of the Tech 2. There are two good ones I have found ( and am using ) that actually provide a security pass to enable access to the system for the codes needed as part of the SPS.

Saabs in Texas or outside the Northeast are an endangered species. The few dealers, most at least 60 miles distant - if not more, who will work on a Saab want the car for a few days and can charge at least $125 minimum just for the Tech 2 diagnosis. The repair bills can be staggering.

I like having the Tech 2 as I can actually set up my car as I want it. There are many little changes that can be done on lights, locks and other things.

A Saab is actually not a complicated vehicle, other than the electronics. I am able to fix most things myself, but I would not be able to do so without the Tech 2 unit. I will sell my Tech 2 when I sell my Saab. My neighbor wants the Tech 2 for its GM card ( which I bought ). I have alreadys paid for the Tech 2 in savings and, when I sell the unit, will get more money back.

That's just me - others are different.
    The software that's required on the laptop, is it tis2000?
    I'm looking at buying one of these units off of aliexpress. If I'm reading this right, to do the little changes with the lights and locks etc, I need to have a laptop connected to the Tech 2. Is that correct?
    I guess I assumed that the Tech 2 was a standalone unit.
    Can anyone clarify this for me?

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    You ONLY need the PC/tis useage for sport sedans - i.e. 2003-20012 9-3 cars. You will need a Candi module for all those cars as well. The 9-5 only needs a candi for 2006-2009 MY. And that is only for a program change and security access.

You can change light settings and all that with just the tech2 and SAAB card on all older 9-3 and 9-5 cars.

Let me know how that buy works out - I'd still like to pick up an affordable tech2 for my own use.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Sportcombi BCB Stage 2
    Great, thanks for the information. Is it safe to assume that this is the case because the 9-3's run the T8 ecu vs the T7 in the 9-5's?
    I will likely order one of these units one of these days. I'll post back for sure if I do. Thanks again.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I did end up buying a Tech2 - but not that China one. Those have a terrible quality and don't work properly from what I've SEEN. I bought one through a company in California for a little less money. If you are interested in buying one please contact me for his details.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp

Tech2 9³ 2007 useability?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    That is a good price. But you still need the candi adapter and a 32 mb card for the newer model. I believe what this is selling is only the first card that takes you thru 2001. ANd even if you buy all that stuff you have to go on line and buy your time. Here is the place you go to get on line. I have never used it and it seems pretty confusing.
    Subscriptions - category details
    But for 2006 or newer you gotta do it. Seems like a bit of overkill to me. If anyone want to use mine you are welcome to do it. I am north of Green Bay 80 miles, but mine is good only thru 01. I dont need or have the card or the candi for 02 thru 05.
    Hello, can any one yet confirm, if I understand good: for a 2007 9³-SportSedan, besides the aftermarket over 600,-$ priced made in China,
    we'll still need such a 32mb card for the specific model & a Candi-adapter, and than enplus buy online time ???????? What a ripp-off than!

Thanks Brennan for the input a warning, because I was aswell almost buying that amount to China, without can't use it, as it comes.

If in the mean time people got through, and/or found a solution to this,
    I would gladly hear about it ;-)

Sheers palls, Harry_Satch.
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend

harry
    Saab(s)
    Hello, Burnsside42,
    yes I'd like your info, on this non-china Tech2, you bought?
    Althrough I'm situated outside the US, in Europe.
    I'd like to know about price, does it also need such 32mb card AND a Candi (what is this?)
    AND I hope you don't need that online time buy, just for the purpose of it?

I wait your answer, thanx, Harry_Satch.

harry
    Saab(s)

Lightbulb Why T8 tech2 needs online pay by the hour ???

[QUOTE=Mike Brennan;44943]Sure it will work, but you have to have a Saab Card installed which you can buy and do yourself. And if you have a 2003,4 or 5 you will have to have a newer card and a Candi adapter and if you have a '06 or above you have to go on line and pay by the hour.
    The candi adapter is about 90.00 dollars and the card is about 35.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, can anyone please explain or confirm, if one buys this China Tech2 or other,
    and as I have a 2007 SportSedan with Trionic-8,
    and even this Tech2 kit has the Candi-adaptor & TiS2000 soft,...

Why? you still need to go on-line and pay by the hour???

I'd like to have a confirmation whether this Tech2s are stand alone units,
    so can we read-out and erase and program behaviour of stuff of the car like Lights,etc...
    WITHOUT having to be on-line and paying by the hour?
    Or is this for the 2007-and on T8 impossible?
    Because I don't need it anymore, than it is useless.

Until now I use an universal OBD-code-reader, where you can erase the MiL-light, that's all.
    But it works, and for less than 99,- Euros it was yet a good buy

I like only to set some personal preferences, but when it is going to be like that, I quit.

Like an other member wrote: you don't really use this Tech2 every day/week.

PLease: just why and whether one still needs an online pay by the hour?

Best wishes, Harry (Europe)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    You would pay by the day, month or year. Below is the site.

To save money, I create a to do list of items so when I do need to purchase a day I get as much done as possible.

Subscriptions - category details

Saab(s)
    http://dudes.berrydejager.com
    We have been working on Tech2 to gather al information online place. I have just finished two articles on transferring the Tech2 .bin file to the PCMCIA card.

Feel free to share your experiences here too.