Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Post Tech2 Services Now Available - Contact me for LOCAL Tech2 assistance

I now own a Tech2 with Candi Module and have Secuirty Access to perform ALL your Tech2 needs.
    I am a master Saab technician so I know my way around both a Tech2 and Saab's. I will shortly have the ability to do ALL GM products as well.

I am located in South Eastern PA - Lansdale, PA or Doylestown, PA area's. I will charge about $30 up front for hook up to perform customer requested personalization programing such as fog lights, removal of the automatic headlights, AUX jack function, door lock function and unlock logic and so on.

Diagnostics to retrieve DTC's and diagnose your problem will varry - but I am about $50hr for repairs.

Divorce and Marry Radio's on OG9-3 and 9-5 cars $30

Program modules $30 for the first and $10 each additional at same hook up.

Feel free to contact me for assistance.

I will plan to have my tech2 with me @ all Saab events and gatherings.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Dave
    dward@asncommunications.c Legion's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    Hello Jeffrey,
    I want to talk Tech2 stuff. I bought one of those China clones and have used it over the past six months to help resurrect my current ride - a 2003 93 SS I bought from a salvage yard up here near Boston. Its helped diagnose the emissions air pump on the front of the engine, headlight leveling system, etc.. What I have not been able to do is reprogram modules with SPS. I have tried TIS2000 and GIS software with I have installed and which is apparently unlocked with full security access. For ex. I have a rain sensor that does not play ball. When I try and update the software in the REC it fails with some generic error message.
    Anyway I'm curious what route you took in being able to do this and any advise.
    Thanks!

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    I may need you to snag me a 9-3 radio from Allentown or someplace. Mine was acting funny and I had to disconnect it.

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Hello Jeffrey,
    I want to talk Tech2 stuff. I bought one of those China clones and have used it over the past six months to help resurrect my current ride - a 2003 93 SS I bought from a salvage yard up here near Boston. Its helped diagnose the emissions air pump on the front of the engine, headlight leveling system, etc.. What I have not been able to do is reprogram modules with SPS. I have tried TIS2000 and GIS software with I have installed and which is apparently unlocked with full security access. For ex. I have a rain sensor that does not play ball. When I try and update the software in the REC it fails with some generic error message.
    Anyway I'm curious what route you took in being able to do this and any advise.
    Thanks!
    Firstly - those China Tech2 are confirmed rubbish. Mine is NOT a China made unit. Second I work for a Saab Service Center so I have access to a REAL TIS live from Saab.

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    I may need you to snag me a 9-3 radio from Allentown or someplace. Mine was acting funny and I had to disconnect it.
    Just have DeLo grab you one with the VIN# and we can get it programmed one day
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Dave
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm up near Boston. Yes I knew the China clones were limited before I bought one. Actually it seems to work perfectly fine for diagnostics (checking/clearing codes, testing sensors, etc...). For those of us that don't work for Saab or in a Saab service center and can't justify the thousands for a real one (and the subscription costs?), its an option. But when it comes to reprogramming a module I have not heard of anyone that's been successful with a clone. It seems to me, having seen how it behaves, its a matter of getting compatible software versions between the Tech2 and the TIS, but I could be wrong.

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm up near Boston. Yes I knew the China clones were limited before I bought one. Actually it seems to work perfectly fine for diagnostics (checking/clearing codes, testing sensors, etc...). For those of us that don't work for Saab or in a Saab service center and can't justify the thousands for a real one (and the subscription costs?), its an option. But when it comes to reprogramming a module I have not heard of anyone that's been successful with a clone. It seems to me, having seen how it behaves, its a matter of getting compatible software versions between the Tech2 and the TIS, but I could be wrong.
    You missed out on the cyber Monday deal for a Tech2 - Candi and Saab card for a few hundred under a grand shipped with a 3 year warranty.

Mine is essentially a clone but not....

Dave
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    Uh - who was selling then for that? What do you mean - "clone but not"?

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    Uh - who was selling then for that? What do you mean - "clone but not"?
    A guy from Utah through a friend from our local Saab Club on facebook had the connection. I believe the NORMAL price is like $800 - I got it on sale a little cheaper. They are made in California and can ONLY be repaired by the company making them - not the official company who makes them for GM. It seems to be about as legit as it gets for a fraction the price. I'll be taking it to work with me next week to try out the programming on a few cars - but I see no reason why it wouldn't work like a "real" one. Which FYI - they are always broken or having issues anyways.

Dave
    Saab(s)
    1989 SPG, 2003 93 Vector
    I paid $300 - $400 for the unit from China. Given what it is - a hand-held PC with a serial communications link - its hard to figure why programming wouldn't work even on the China clones. They didn't re-write the software right,.. they must be copying it wholesale from real ones. So if everything else works then why not programming.
    I wonder what the relationship is between this California company and GM... did they make it under license, with a copy of the schematics, source code and help from the GM engineers?

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    The issue with the China built units is all quality - they are visually junk when held next to the real deal. I suspect the internals followed the same "quality" of building. The buttons on a "REAL" scanner click when you depress them. The screen should be crystal clear with no waves in it. Also the software should load w/out any flickering or visual oddities in the boot up.