Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon

Wet Floorboards What Gives? Please Help

Hi Saabsters,

I have a dilemma: my floorboards are wet and I don’t know why. It started 8 weeks ago with wet spots underneath the passenger front and back floormats. Now, it has traveled to the drivers side. I can smell the dampness and it’s stale. Please share your experience with this and how you solved the problem. Originally, I thought it was the air cabin filter but now that it’s on the drivers side I’m not so sure.

I don’t think it happens because of the rain or car wash as it’s been dry outside and I’ll have this same issue. Please help me to help my wonderful Saab.

Thanks,

Queen

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Sounds like a plugged condensate drain. The AC system is constantly pulling moisture from the air and when the drain line plugs the air box fills with water which eventually finds its way to the floor.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Thanks Digger. Would you be able to walk me through this process? I know my response is a bit late, I’ve been out of it. Also, I’ve tried finding vids to help me pinpoint the ac drain lines but I’m stuck. There are no write ups online for 9-5s, only 9-3s. If you have specific information so I can knock this out that would be suoer helpful. My car is starting to smell like mold. I’m also concerned that this may get worse once I start using my heat. I know they’re ac drain lines but I’m starting to worry. Thanks.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Here are the instructions from the WIS: http://saabworld.net/attachment.php?...2&d=1535580079

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    I’ve tried finding vids to help me pinpoint the ac drain lines but I’m stuck. There are no write ups online for 9-5s, only 9-3s. If you have specific information so I can knock this out that would be suoer helpful.
    If you have a good strong shop vac, neck down the nozzle and try sucking the clog out of the line from under the car, it will save a lot of work. If you have to follow the instructions make a vid for U-tube and give a hand to the next soggy Saab owner.

Neither of these methods removes a dead mouse or its nest and if that's the cause of your clog you will need to open the air box.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    All clear with the passengers side (gently used a wire hanger) changed the cabin air filter while I was at it.

Now the driver side remains unsolved. Peeled back the carpet, used the same technique, and it’s still leaking from somewhere. I don’t see the leak need the hose clamp like I did on the passenger side but when I pulled the hose water spilled from the unit.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    When you figure it out your real problem begins.
    you have to remove the seats and the carpets and padding to dry them out. Else you will get mold and mildew.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Yeah, I have it airing out but I need to figure out where the clog is or the airing out is for nought. Thanks