Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    I'm sorry.....

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Aside from that sunroof wind defelector: there is no excuse for that period and end of story.

If .. he tracks the car the hood pins used to be required. I was "shotgun" in a 55 Chevy that popped hood and blinded us in a curve at 70+ and it ranks as a moment of terror.

If .. he has that Scoobie-Doo air scoop to let hot air escape that is not a bad thing. As one of the GTO designers said, the scoop is for looks and in the worst place to get cold air in. However with our Saabs hot air especially with the 2.8 is a problem so as an exit point hooray for him.

If .. that big ol' IC us fur real good for him.

My son and I stopped to check out this address we were looking for while I was exploring the notion of getting a "V type tune" on my Corvette. So we pull in and there is all this ricer crap around the place and it's looking pretty shaky .. turns out the Vette shop moved across the street .... but while my kid is ragging on this one car about being a wanna-be poser and all (we did pull in there in a far superior car, a black and shiny C-5 right?) ... so this rice-mobile is looking pretty beat and rough but then a few things start to catch my eye. Like the passenger seat is out and there is a not so good looking but strong and tidy hold down for the battery? Hmmmmm, push a bit on a fender and it is quite firm. My kid is still knocking the car but when I ask him why the battery is where it is ...

Young Spanish kid comes out and tells me the Vette shop is across the street now but I ask him about his beat ricer. Yeah, it had a stupid wing but not real bad, like from a Subbie or something and when he opens the hood he has a great set of headers .... now, how many Saabs do you see with custom headers? Like none right? So, we can do the 3" down pipe and kill the cat but headers? Our beater rice machine for the street is like well over 350 horses. Then he takes me inside and I note the car on the lift is a Honda. But it has funny skinny tires on the back and along with the ladder bars it has a drag chute. So I axed him about the chute and he "esplains to me" that under NHRA if you are running under like 11 or 12's in the quarter mile, you have to have like a cage and chute and stuff.

Now, with all of those if, if and if thingies in there, if a guy in a Civic passes me and he is hardly going anywhere except for the massive amount of noise, laugh but remember never judge a car by it's hood pins cause iffen' you see hood pins it means three things:

- the guy is a total wack poser and Mommy still washes his socks

- the guy really does not give a crap what you think and may actually have something under the hood

- the guy may have just broken his cable for the second time and looked at the workbench and saw those pins he got at a yard sale for $1 and said hell, it'll work and take ten minutes.

- the guy may not be a guy and too much information is not a good thing in some cases.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    I'm sorry.....

At least it's got a FMIC and dual-ducted .....
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Hear my Saab a comin' nuclear944's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    Past: 1989 SPG & 1989 900 N/A Sedan

No offense to Iron joe, but aesthetically he didn't get it quite right. I'm sure it's very fast though.

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear944 View Post
    And this one is a computer graphic rendering, not a real car either.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    No offense to Iron joe, but aesthetically he didn't get it quite right. I'm sure it's very fast though.
    In what way is it aesthetically wrong ?
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Hear my Saab a comin' nuclear944's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    Past: 1989 SPG & 1989 900 N/A Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    In what way is it aesthetically wrong ?
    The front end, mainly the carlsson bumper is quite terrible and ricey looking. Makes the whole nose of the car look ugly.
    Isn't this much better?

The carlsson front bumper is just plain bad, especially on a convertible.

And this one is a computer graphic rendering, not a real car either.
    Really? How could you tell? It looks pretty real to me..

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Really? How could you tell? It looks pretty real to me..
    It's been covered in a few other sites before, including some computer graphics sites.The guy who made it is called Sergov, he is computer graphics designer who does a few cars here and there who look very real. Very good work indeed.

Here are some other shots of the same car:

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I never like the choice of wheels on Iron Joe's car. I do like the rest of it. I would like it more if it weren't a convertible.

And the computer 9-3 has me thinking "It looks so cool and so bad" at the same time.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I like Iron Joes car, always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.