Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Anon:
    Why do reports on snow in Vancouver continue to persist in reporting snow accumulations in INCHES!??

Over three decades after metric was adopted, can't you get with the program!?? You don't use fahrenheit still when reporting temps!
    I dunno Dave, most of the media outlet I read or listen to reports them in CMs.

Personally I'm ambidextrous when it comes to metric vs. imperial units
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Northern California, 2010 9-3
    I am sure glad to see that people fron NJ have not changed any. Keep it up...that's why we love you.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 24 November 2011 at 17:56. Reason: Moved to the off-topic thread

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

In October, I was so jealous that Canadians had Thanksgiving but it was not a holiday in the U.S. Patience is the key. Tomorrow, the U.S. gets its revenge. It's Thanksgiving ! Better yet, American Thanksgiving is almost twice as big because it is Thursday and unofficially Friday while in Canada, it is simply on a Monday.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Happy Thanksgiving SW members!

I'll be heading down to my dads place in the country tomorrow with the family for a traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. It's going to be a little cool, but with my cold weather gear I'll be able to go ride the trails on my motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

In October, I was so jealous that Canadians had Thanksgiving but it was not a holiday in the U.S. Patience is the key. Tomorrow, the U.S. gets its revenge. It's Thanksgiving ! Better yet, American Thanksgiving is almost twice as big because it is Thursday and unofficially Friday while in Canada, it is simply on a Monday.
    OK, you win

Oh, but look ........ ah, better luck next year, Dave

Scot
    EqualOpportunity Offender
    Saab(s)
    1989 900 SPG Turbo,1993 9000 Aero Turbo, 2000 9-5 Aero, 2005 9-2x Aero, 2011 9-3 Aero Sedan Turbo4

The Center of the Universe...NYC/N-NJ...people "fron" NJ have not changed...and synth oil kills 92x aeros...

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxman55 View Post
    I am sure glad to see that people fron NJ have not changed any. Keep it up...that's why we love you!
    "Have not changed" "froN" what per se?

That's right...NJ/NYC area, the center of the universe baby!

BTW, I'm from NYC and NJ (and 10 years in the Pacific NW "Braa")...lol.

The tri-state area is so different than any west coast area...it's hard to explain unless you've lived in North-East NJ/NYC. If you're referring to what California TV producers have tried to make NJ into (i.e. a south Jersey shore mob "yo, yo, yo" scene) then I applaud you for joining the uneducated...hopefully you aren't a part of the idiotic jackovs on the inferrior 92x.com crap-site, who joined panties to attack me and post tons of anti-NJ rhetoric! I don't know you and won't judge you...just hope you're not part of the 92x.com ass-pack coming over to infect this great Saab-centric, awesome forum!

To continue my FYI diatribe...I have not been to the NJ shore since I was 5 years old. I work in NYC and have a flat uptown. My family lives in NJ...NORTHERN NJ (just like Cali, we are very particular with how our state is divided...it would be like telling someone from "The OC" that they were likened to those from Eureka, CA). My brother lives in LA, I am headed out to San-D next week for 2 weeks, and I love San Fran and have spent many weeks there in the past years, so I am NOT dissing Cali...I'm just a NJ New Yorker who LOVES Saab (and the tri-state area). So I'm glad that you also love me/us!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nordwulf; 24 November 2011 at 17:57. Reason: Moved post to the off-topic thread

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post

Oh, but look ........ ah, better luck next year, Dave

With so much good food in the Best Place on Earth (Vancouver), people there have so many choices other than turkey. But you are right, with only a few scraps left over from Thanksgiving in October, that may be why Thanksgiving in November extends over a four day weekend....to allow more time to scrounge for food.

Ken, is Canadian Tire worth a visit? I've heard of Canadian Tire money but I've never been to a Canadian Tire. Would it be a disappointment or an exciting place?

Saab(s)
    Ken, is Canadian Tire worth a visit? I've heard of Canadian Tire money but I've never been to a Canadian Tire. Would it be a disappointment or an exciting place?
    IMHO, it ain't worth your while. Nothing you've not already seen at Walmart/Lowes/NAPA/Target. But if you want to collect Canadian Tire money, then go for it.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Linear Wagon
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    IMHO, it ain't worth your while. Nothing you've not already seen at Walmart/Lowes/NAPA/Target. .
    What a disappointment! I was hoping to see a parallel universe at Canadian Tire where the products were mostly the same except a few unique things, labels strangely similar but different (for example, Mobil 1 oil with a different label, maybe different size, other things with a maple leaf). Speaking of the maple leaf, that sort of brain washing happens in the U.S. For example, the regional chain is not Sleep Country as in B.C. but Sleep Country USA. Few people know that Sleep Country is really Sleep Country Canada (USA branch), maybe not the official name.