Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T

Blower motor

So I'm replacing my blower motor and housing since my impeller has a crack, the motor housing has a crack and I can see a crack on the metal motor too.

My question is "how can I tell if I have a motor with ACC (automatic climate control)? Or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Look at the heater control, if it has driver and passenger digital temp display with a bunch of buttons below, the car has ACC. Sounds like you need the whole package, best price is pull it yourself. If you are up to taking a nature trip French Lake Auto has one Saab way back in the corner, it's a 2006 with a blown motor and all the parts you need, for a few dollars more they will pull and have ready to pick up or ship. Strandberg Auto up near Balsam Lake has several 2004's in the yard with complete units, they will pull and ship or you can pick up at counter and they are good people. North Imports in Shakopee is also a place you get it today, closest of the three and last on my list of get it today Saab parts,

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Look at the heater control, if it has driver and passenger digital temp display with a bunch of buttons below, the car has ACC. Sounds like you need the whole package, best price is pull it yourself. If you are up to taking a nature trip French Lake Auto has one Saab way back in the corner, it's a 2006 with a blown motor and all the parts you need, for a few dollars more they will pull and have ready to pick up or ship. Strandberg Auto up near Balsam Lake has several 2004's in the yard with complete units, they will pull and ship or you can pick up at counter and they are good people. North Imports in Shakopee is also a place you get it today, closest of the three and last on my list of get it today Saab parts,
    Thanks Digger, your the best!!! [emoji106]

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
    Thanks Digger, your the best!!! [emoji106]

Contacted French Lake and they're sending me a blower unit :-)

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Just finished this project, YaHoo! Thanks Digger for all your input and a special thanks to MI-Roger and his detailed explanation of this process. Next time I have to work on my car and I have detailed directions, I am going to share my knowledge with the parts puller at the salvage yard on how to properly remove the part and all of the pitfalls. Note: the blower motor is held up by seven screws not six and there are three tabs to help with installation. Nothing a little super glue and Gorilla tape can't fix :-(

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    It's good to make friends with the parts puller and if you can make their job easier they can be very helpful when you need parts. This yard specializes in old cars and has parts going back to the 30's. Near as I can tell this is their first or newest Saab, but not their first car made by GM. If they can make money dealing in used Saab parts, there will be used Saab parts for years to come. Whoever pulled this part now knows what it looks like and if it can be found in any other GM car. These are the kind of people I go to when searching out the Chevy number for a Saab part.