Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 SportCombi 6sp MTX

SportCombi Tail Light Condensation

I noticed condensation in the my tail lights when I picked up my new SportCombi. I thought I saw this was a common problem, and didn't really make much of an issue about this. It is under warranty.

Now that I search for this, I don't see anyone else having this problem...on any site. Can anyone else here share their experience? I don't want to get new lights only to find out it will happen again and that it's just a cosmetic issue.

Thanks

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Pull out the bulbs and leave the holes open when you park the back of the car facing the sun. Once all moisture looks like it's gone, just put the bulbs back in. If you don't have any major leaks in your tail lights, it should fix your problem. But if have a big spot for water/moisture to get in, it will keep coming back until you fix that spot.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Excellent advice. Thanks!

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by CarSnaab View Post
    I noticed condensation in the my tail lights when I picked up my new SportCombi. I thought I saw this was a common problem, and didn't really make much of an issue about this. It is under warranty.

Now that I search for this, I don't see anyone else having this problem...on any site. Can anyone else here share their experience? I don't want to get new lights only to find out it will happen again and that it's just a cosmetic issue.

Thanks
    you are under warranty....... go to the dealer to replace the defective tail-lamps for free of charge.
    moisture inside the tail lamps is due to a defective paste seam, and humidity come in by a crack.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Pull out the bulbs and leave the holes open when you park the back of the car facing the sun. Once all moisture looks like it's gone, just put the bulbs back in. If you don't have any major leaks in your tail lights, it should fix your problem. But if have a big spot for water/moisture to get in, it will keep coming back until you fix that spot.
    Looks like removing the bulbs do not do any good. The condensation is between the clear outer cover and the colored plastic covering the bulbs. There is no air passage to the bulbs. Guess I'll have the dealer order new tail lights.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by CarSnaab View Post
    Looks like removing the bulbs do not do any good. The condensation is between the clear outer cover and the colored plastic covering the bulbs. There is no air passage to the bulbs. Guess I'll have the dealer order new tail lights.
    please, let us know about the fix.

thanks

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrdrony View Post
    please, let us know about the fix.

thanks
    Unfortunately his fix looks to be a bit tricky. He has major water intrusion in the car from a leaky roof. Hope he can get it all resolved. There is NOTHING worse than buying a new car and having issues with it. (Believe me, I know his pain)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon