Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Can someone Tell me what this is?

Name:  21379_556940584364371_2135011636_n.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  9.5 KB

First off i have this Picture from under my hood.I know its dark But its like a small canister that has a small hose on each end the one goes into the Bigger PCV hose that goes into the top of valve cover..But the hose that goes to the PCV just kinda broke off..And its sucking air So its some sort of Vacuum...there is Also oil all around the injectors and down in there like puddles..I've only owned this car alittle over a month but am trying to sort out the flaws with it..But could this be the Oil related to this at all..Or what would cause the Oil to build up like it is around the injectors and down in that area..Bad Valve cover gasket or something?

Now this imagine below i got offline..this one doesn't have the canister like mine did..and below the dipstick here is where my is leaking and its leaking to the point its dripping down underneath the car...Ahhh its frustrarting since im going on like a 1400 mile roadtrip in like 3 weeks just trying to sort these problems out..But im assuming this is also the reason for my downfall to my gas mileage..Thanks to all responses

Name:  valvecover_smallhose.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  46.8 KB

Desmond Khoo
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.0t
    it's a 1-way valve for the hose that comes from the oil catch tank back to the throttle body.

breaks easily. Get it fixed and your oil problem around the injector area should be solved.

Idle goes erratic and fuel consumption increases when that valve breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by walawala View Post
    it's a 1-way valve for the hose that comes from the oil catch tank back to the throttle body.

breaks easily. Get it fixed and your oil problem around the injector area should be solved.

Thank you..A straight forward answer..I like them lol...But Awesome..I hope this fixes me oil leak problem..

Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by walawala View Post

I know this is an old post. But my valve broke and I'm trying to figure out where to purchase one. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    This contain any of what you are looking for?
    http://www.thesaabsite.com/95/Saab-9...s.html#linkbar
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig