Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5

Radio Code Needed 2005 9-5

Hi.

I had taken out the radio 4x and the radio did not reset the Radio Code, but today I had also taken out the AC controller to check on the busted led lights. After installing everything back, the Radio is asking for its Code.

I had purchased the vehicle without the radio code.

I called a local Saab dealer and they can reset it for $80. Grrrr

I am reading links to radio code and I found that just turning on the radio for an hour will reset the code. How true is this?

Else I have to find another way, even pay for it.

I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Pull your radio out - get me the info (all the numbers on the top) and I can get you the code for free. This is only for 1998 and older Saab's however.

Also - are you sure it's the cars original radio? I've never had to put a code in on ANY 9-3 or 9-5 car.... they are all mated via a Tech2 (a'la Dealer). If the radio in the car is from another car and was never divorced - it's not gonna work on yours easily.

I also have a 9-5 Radio from a 2001 which WAS divorced I have for sale if you need one which CAN be programmed to yours.....
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5
    I had sent the radio info in your PM.
    Yes, it is the original radio. I had been pulling it out for quite some time without having any Radio Code issues.
    The additional thing that I did today was also disconnect the AC control unit.
    When I put back the radio, even if the ignition is on LOCK, the Radio Code already appears on the SID.

I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5
    I was trying anything on my radio. I have a radio code that the dealer gave after checking the radio SN but did not check if my car is 1998 or older. I came across forums that all radios are married after 1998 models that it will need the Tech2 to re-marry.

This is what happened.

I turned the radio on, ignition on "ON".
    SID displays time/temperature and RADIO CODE.
    I put in the 4digit code, nothing happened, so I pressed Power+Band or Power+Radio and can't remember the sequence but the radio turned-on.
    I was even surprised!
    I was able to play the CD/radio and even played an iphone with my installed Aux input. BUT the speaker sounds are rotating around. The sound comes out LF,FF,RF,RR,RL and so on. The speakers does not sound at the same time.
    Tried to replicate how I was able to play the stereo but can't repeat what I did.
    Now, the radio is still on RADIO CODE display.

Has anybody experienced this?

If I have no option then I will just to go back to the dealer and pay $85 to re-marry the stereo.

Thank you.

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    You have triggered the testing within the audio system.

I have no idea why it would be asking for a code ... as Burnsy said, they are married to the car in production and the only proper way to remove it is to divorce it.
    I don't think you have a lot of choice but to find someone with a Tech2 that can sort this out for you.
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5
    Thank you for the replu\y.
    I guess that I am really running out of options but to go the dealer and have them re-marry my radio.
    Thanks.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Yeah - no idea what could cause that msg to come on in one of these cars - but dealer would be the way to go. It someone sounds like a bad or wrong generation radio. You do have BOTH a CD and Tape player in the unit yes?
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5
    yes, this is the built in radio with cassette and cd. what I can't believe is I was able to remove more than 5x without any issues since I had installed an AUX input and suddenly it locked itself out after I had replaced the aux wire and had the AC controller disconnected.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    I've seen this a couple times on cars, it was usually fixed with reprogramming/marrying them to the car again.
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2005 Arc 9-5
    I had decided to just replace the HU with an after market 2 din radio to resolve this issue. If I use the original HU and come across the same problem in the future then I have to pay another extra $85 just to re-marry it.
    I still have to remove the radio again soon to replace the busted LEDs for the AC control unit.
    Thank you all.