Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Vector SS / 9-3 Aero SS / 9-3 Aero SportCombi / 9-4X Aero / 900 Turbo Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    Where is Hammys? Do they have a website? $100 for something SAAB wants to charge over $300 for is a sweet deal. Congrats.
    tail lights, HEADLIGHTS items in HAMMYSAUTO store on eBay! (see also above post #5 from kruegssaab)

I also bought there the rear 3rd breake bar for 150$. Only for stock in case I need a spare part...

Name:  bar.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by dMod; 08 February 2014 at 12:30.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by dMod View Post
    tail lights, HEADLIGHTS items in HAMMYSAUTO store on eBay! (see also above post #5 from kruegssaab)

I also bought there the rear 3rd breake bar for 150$. Only for stock in case I need a spare part...

Name:  bar.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  25.1 KB
    Right on. Thanks.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 94x
    hammys is in Pulaski Wisconsin. You can find them on ebay.

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    not for sale anymore, lots of other lights but not this one

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Vector SS / 9-3 Aero SS / 9-3 Aero SportCombi / 9-4X Aero / 900 Turbo Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    I asked my SAAB sealer to check the availability at ORIO. It took almost 2 weeks until he got an answer from them: only four (!) left tail lights are at stock in the US.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Looks like the normal Ebay vendor I was looking at a while back

hammysauto | eBay

Not sure if I will replace it or just try to fix it.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveba View Post
    I don't know that these numbers reflect total inventory.

I bought a left tail light about a month ago ... there were 3 in the US at that time. After my purchase, there were 2.

So ... I suspect they are getting resupplied here in USA to keep US inventory at a certain level.

In any case, I don't think we need to panic yet.

BTW ... I still don't understand why the left side eyebrow LEDs only fail at night. Mine display just fine during dusk and dawn conditions. I think it is the programming between whatever sensor makes the call and the car's computer, which sends that "on" signal to the LED in the back. The programming software driving that left side behavior is screwed up.

Anyway, that's how I envision the fault flow.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x
    Please nobody pay for labor replacing these taillights. It is extremely easy. All you do is openthe trunk, pull off plastic cover which hides 2 screws. Remove screws. Pull entire taillights towards you as you stand behind the bumper(not left or right) and then disconnect the plastic connector. Now connect new one, push straight on, screw in 2 screws and snap plastic cover on. Total time should be 3 minutes.

I am curious about how the leak was fixed with super glue. Could you elaborate on that? I still need to fix that issue.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemmerly View Post
    Please nobody pay for labor replacing these taillights. It is extremely easy. All you do is openthe trunk, pull off plastic cover which hides 2 screws. Remove screws. Pull entire taillights towards you as you stand behind the bumper(not left or right) and then disconnect the plastic connector. Now connect new one, push straight on, screw in 2 screws and snap plastic cover on. Total time should be 3 minutes.
    This is great to know. I was quoted 1-2 hours for labor from my SAAB Service Center...

Thank you.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    So. I bought a new light because I know I wanted to get to the bottom of this issue. While I have not found a conclusion 100% I can say with certainty it is the electronic control board and nothing to do with the actual LED's. I removed the old tail light, removed all wiring from it, baked it in the oven and removed the lens and removed the LED bar. The LED's as shown work fine and I could not get any information to display on the multimeter for the actual circuit board. What I think the main issue is the LED circuit board plug is not epoxied and something (like water or dust) gets into it and causes havok. This is just my guess because as you can see clearly the one for the normal brake light bulbs and turn signal bulbs are soaked in epoxy. So before I installed my new light I epoxied it and made sure it was water proof. These are just my results so hopefully it can help.