Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    '01 Viggen Convert, '91 Base 900 HB

No directionals, no radio, no window switches

Last week I was driving my '06 9-5 and noticed my directionals (blinkers) were not working. Additionally my window switches and radio didn't work. After shutting the car off and restarting a couple of times everything functioned again. Everything worked fine for a week then the same thing occurred yesterday. I did some searching online and there was indication that this could be the ignition switch relay.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestions what else it could be? Anyone solved this with the ignition switch relay? Thanks for your help = Dennis

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Check the position of the key in the cylinder... Since it faces up it tends to get allot of stuff in the cylinder. It could be that it needs cleaned.
    You can find the WIS on this site to do it.
    I would start there before playing with the ignition relay.
    (However... You may want to swap the relay under the hood with another. (They are mostly the same under there. That is if they look alike and have the same #'s on them...)
    Good luck.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Saab(s)
    '01 Viggen Convert, '91 Base 900 HB
    Thank you for the note. I did switch the relay and it made no difference. The problem persists. While checking I noticed the wiper stalk doesn't work at all either when this issue shows itself. Once the car is driven for a while all functions return. When nothing was functioning yesterday I tried to slightly move the key about in the cylinder and it made no change. I could try cleaning the cylinder next. Thanks again and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Just a meaningless suggestion from a noob who knows nothing: Today my radio was essentially muted and all I heard was a high-frequency buzz/hiss that changed based on the volume & my turn signals (at least the sound of the turn signals) weren't working. I went in the trunk and pulled away the cover by the left taillight to get to the cables back there - just pushed in each connection and messed with the connection to the speakers. Turned the car on and problem was solved. Worth a shot I guess?