Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"

Thumbs up 2 New Saab Dealers in SEA-TAC (WA) area

Heard from the grapevine via NW Saab Owners Club:

Park Place Motors in Bellevue are now a Saab dealer- already an official service point, with cars for sale arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Also the Tacoma area dealership, McCann Motors is now part of the Larson Auto Group and now doing business as Larson Cadillac Saab.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Wasn't there a Saab dealer that changed to a Subaru dealer in Seattle? I think I recall something about that from memory. Are they going to be selling and servicing Saab again?

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    For many years, the Saab dealer in Seattle was Bayside Saab. Trash collector Bruce Leven got the Saab franchise from Rowland Motors in 1988 and added Saab to his Porsche line (source: http://www.seattlepi.com/archives/1989/8901090668.asp). Some time in the late 90's, Carter Saab VW became Seattle's Saab dealer. The dealer also had a Subaru franchise in Lynnwood, north of Seattle. When Carter Saab VW was awarded the Subaru franchise for Seattle, it dropped Saab in 2009.

When Carter Saab dropped the Saab line, several dealers asked to be an authorized Saab service dealer. Doug's Cadillac Saab Hummer in Lynnwood was rejected. Bellevue Chevrolet got it. Bellevue Chevrolet is no longer listed as a Saab service-only dealer on the Saab Automobile USA website. However, Saab of Bellevue is listed for sales and service. It is at the same location as Park Place, which sells Aston Martin, Lotus, and Spyker.

Barrier, in the eastern suburb of Bellevue, used to have Saab but dropped it around 2007, keeping Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, and Porsche.

McCann Cadillac Saab Hummer has been renamed Larson Cadillac Saab. I presume ownership has changed but the location in Fife, near Tacoma, remains the same. For a time, it was the only Saab dealer and located quite far south from Seattle, effectively having Saab leave the Seattle market.

In summary, the dealers a few years ago were Carter Saab VW (Seattle), Barrier Mercedes/Volvo/Audi/Saab/Porsche (east - Bellevue), and McCann Cadillac Saab Hummer (south - Fife). Later, it was down to McCann only followed by McCann and Bellevue Cadillac Chevroloet for service. Now it's Saab of Bellevue (east of Seattle)/Park Place (Aston Martin, Lotus, Spyker) and Larson (south - Fife).
    Last edited by Dave T; 23 December 2010 at 04:51.

Saab(s)
    I remember when Carter and Barrier were pretty strong Saab dealers, and in 2001 when I contemplated bringing a used Saab across the border, their staff were very helpful trying to find me a used 9000 Aero. Never been to McCann so I can't comment.

Saab(s)
    '96 9000 Aero, '02 9-3SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 37 View Post
    In summary, the dealers a few years ago were...
    Also Campbell-Nelson in Lynnwood and, for a brief time, Bill Hazelett in Kent.

Saab(s)
    '96 9000 Aero, '02 9-3SE
    Thanks.

Going back a bit further, Barrier acquired their Saab franchise from Bel-Kirk Motors in Kirkland in the 1988-89 time frame. Bel-Kirk was located near the intersection of Central Way & Market Street (where Sur La Table is now) and, prior to that, on the south corner of State St & 1st Ave.

Campbell-Nelson got their franchise from Alan BMW-Saab in Edmonds around 1990 or so. Alan BMW-Saab was located on the west side of 99 just south of 212th (there's a McDonald's there now).

Saab(s)
    I'm glad Cal Worthington (& his dog Spot) never sold Saabs ........