Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a reproduction Saab wheel in 18' or 19"

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

1 25.00%
  • NO

3 75.00%
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Lightbulb Feeler - possible custom saab wheel group buy

Here's the scoop:
    18x8 or 19x8
    Any bolt pattern
    Aluminum mono bloc construction for weight and strength.
    Any wheel design we decide
    Saab center caps
    Weight 19-21 lbs depending on size
    Made in the same factory as <edit: fw - removed manufacturer name>
    6-8 weeks for production
    $400 - $450 per wheel
    50 sets minimum

We have an opportunity as a Saab community to get what we want - for those of us looking for a Reproduction Saab wheel in the 18 or 19" size. Benefit of this - once a design is chosen, we have have them drilled to fit ANYTHING as long as the offsets are compatible. Meaning - 4 lug for the old school, 5 lug for the current and even the NEW 5 lug of the new generation 9-5 can all be drilled upon order request.

example - the Anniversary Exposed Lug 9000 Aero Wheel;

We could order these (50 set minimum remember) in ANY wheel bolt pattern as mentioned in either an 18" or 19" wheel.

More example of OLD Saab wheels you could have in the 18" or 19" size: SAAB Wheels - a veritable panoply of aluminum

We are NOT limited to these remember - if Saab ever made it, we can clone it and make our own versions in a 18" or 19" wheel.

If there is enough interests - minimum of 50 sets of 4 - then the cost would be roughly $1800 a set - shipping to anywhere will be available. (International as well)
    Price could be reduced if by some chance an order of 100 sets could be made. If we do have enough interests in 1 design - then a deposit would be required from each ordering party once we got to that point.

EDIT:
    I realize that the price is out of my hands and range personally - they are to be made on the same property as <edit: fw - removed manufacturer name> by the same quality and standards too mind you. If the interest is there - a heavier alloy could be used to keep the price down to a more logical range mind you - but this was the initial information I was FWD from a good friend who is leading this pursuit in bigger Saab wheels... I am the go-between and willing to help.

This is the primary feeler thread - just to gauge any interests. Everything is very rough in concept right now - but all is 100% doable. If weight isn't as critical as price - adjustments can be made.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 18 January 2011 at 19:18. Reason: reported post - removed manufacturer name
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    As an update - since there was an issue with having the companies name listed who will be making these - they will be made in San Diego, California by a well known company. If anyone has any other doubts feel free to e-mail me and I can put you into contact with my East Coast contact who works for the company.

Thank You
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com