Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Chris
    Saab(s)
    1980 900 Enduro & 1985 T16 Aero

Griffin Models - diecast Saab models

Hi all

I couldn't find any reference to this site here, so I thought I'd post.

Griffin Models is a Bulgarian company started by Andrei Iliev, a Saab nut who turned his passion into a business producing 1/43 diecast models of our favourite cars.

Of particular interest to me, in any case, is his 900 Enduro - modelled off the car sitting in my garage. He's making 12 (all sold) to mimic the real Enduro's release of 12 as a limited model in Australia. Amazing work:

Griffin Models Saab 900 Enduro

Check out his other work.

Andrei Iliev
    Saab(s)
    Saab 900 Convertible T16, Saab 9000 CDE
    Hi. Let me introduce myself. My name is Andrei Iliev and I'm that Saab nut from post above.
    My models are almost ready, and as I promised, Enduro will be the first released model by "Griffin Models".

Name:  Enduro_preview.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  32.3 KB

And this is only the beginning. More interesting and very unusual Saabs are on their way!

Chris
    Saab(s)
    Andrei - starting to look like am Enduro now. What a fantastic effort I can't wait for them to be finished and shipped!

Saab Enthusiast
    Well done! Andrei! I recognized the die-cast is an Enduro when you post the photo at Facebook
    Chris, I'm now familiar with the features & appearance of an Enduro after making a wallpaper of it, so thanks to you!

Roy

Andrei Iliev
    Saab(s)

We are almost ready with our first models. It took a little bit much time to prepare everything, but better later than nothing at all...

Chris
    Saab(s)
    THese are starting to look great Andrei I can't wait to see one. What colours are you producing? Mine is the 1980 Aquamarine Blue metallic, Steve's and Mark's are both Marble White (ever-so slightly green). Are you OK for photos of the stripes and decals?

Well done!!!!

Andrei Iliev
    Saab(s)
    Well, here's a secret ;-)
    I'm going to produce only kits. Then every owner will be able to build a model of his choice. Even I'm thinking to cast few wheels directly in bronze - your blue Enduro have golden color of inner part of the wheels...
    All pictures at your site are precious for my needs. Thank you for them. They helped me to build this model as close as possible to the real car without seeing it at all !!!
    You can't wait to see one? Me too :-) Now master models are sent to the foundry and I'm also waiting for them to be casted.... During this time I'm working on boxes (they are made from wood), packaging, design and instructions, vacuum forming machine for windows, etc, etc....

And again: thank you for your patience and your support. I really appreciate both!

Chris
    Saab(s)
    That sounds fine Andrei. This way I can spray mine using an actual matched can of original Aquamarine Blue colour I have.

One thing that both Steve and I have noticed though - the rear spoiler isn't wide enough. The Enduro rear spoiler goes to nearly the edge of the body - and crosses over the trunk lid gap. No biggie - especially at this stage, but still something to note.

Andrei Iliev
    Saab(s)

Yes, you're absolutely right!
    I used regular rear spoiler and didn't noticed that Enduro's is wider.

Sadly at this stage I can't fix it. Maybe later I can make separate rear spoiler....