Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Senior Member" ....HAH! Sparky's 9-5 3t's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    "Freja" '03 9-5 Arc
    Hi! Been riding since '90 and currently have a few bikes.

Restored a '78 Yamaha 650 Special in '96 with my dad and got the itch to do a build. Been gathering parts for the past 2 years. Looked like this...
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  41.9 KB

...and now looks like this. Just finished welding up the hardtail this past Sunday. Going for the 40's-50's look. Springer seat, foot clutch, hand shift, white letter tires etc.
    Name:  122.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  36.6 KB

'99 Suzuki Katana 600. Bought in '05 with 6200 miles. Currently has 13k miles. Piped, jetted, tank bra, license plate relocation. Black w/ blue metal flake. Can't bring myself to part with her as it's actually a comfy bike for longer trips.
    Name:  Katana right rear.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  41.7 KB

The Katana looks like this as of now. Debating going with the Streetfighter look so I ripped off the bodywork and haven't put it back on yet, lol. I don't think it looks the best as a naked bike but we'll see.
    Name:  019.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  50.5 KB

My old race enduro. Used to race the Moose enduro series years ago. '92 Kawasaki KDX250 2 stroke. Came out of the box in '96. Bought in '97 with 69 miles (one race). All stock aside from full Race Tech suspension. Awesome powerband on this bike.
    Name:  bike1.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  50.1 KB

My sons Yamaha PW50. This pic is a few years old and he needs a bigger bike now but it's still fun to putt around on.
    Name:  bike2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  41.9 KB

So that's my current stable
    --T7 Suited V6 by Rabbit--Taliaferro K&N assembly--Relay 666--Rear fog light mod--6k HID headlamps--18" SS wheels--225/45/18 ContiExtremeContact Continentals--FMIC in the garage not mounted yet--HKS SSQV--Blacked-out front grill--

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarvis View Post
    Mac:
    I was on my bike twice last week (to get to work) and once the week before. The weather is still to chilly for me to really enjoy the bike(s).
    Maybe a little chilly for bikes. Took this last weekend:

Saab(s)
    1973 Sonett III, 1992 900, 2006 9-3 Aero
    I ride as well. Got my license when I graduated from High School so I've been riding for about 4 years or so now. While I do not have a motorcycle of my own quite yet, I am able to take my dad's out for a spin every now and then . He has two which makes it better lol. He has a 2002 BMW R1150R (one of the first imported to the U.S. as it doesn't have the R decals on the side) and a 2002 K1200 touring bike (this thing is massive).. Pictures to follow soon .
    BSR Optiflow intake, BSR cat back exhaust, GenuineSaab 3 pt. Sub Frame Brace, H&R 30mm sport springs, GS short shifter, MapTun Stage 1, 20% window tint all around, H3 4300K HID fog light bulbs.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    I do ride. I am a biker at heart in fact, and it´s been only my Aero that got me really into loving cars (well, mine mostly, ha, ha). This is my beloved motrcycle:

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
    Maybe a little chilly for bikes. Took this last weekend:

I have ALWAYS wanted to try a snow mobile, In fact next winter will try and find a place in either NJ or upstate NY to see what they charge to go out for a day. Very nice Mac!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I do ride. I am a biker at heart in fact, and it´s been only my Aero that got me really into loving cars (well, mine mostly, ha, ha). This is my beloved motrcycle:

Aero:
    Love your Yammy, it reminds me of BMW R1150RT. What model is yours exactly?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Sparky:
    Thanks for your wonderful pics and info on your bikes. Your son is sure one lucky boy, I wish I would have started riding at such a young age, very cool!

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarvis View Post
    Aero:
    Love your Yammy, it reminds me of BMW R1150RT. What model is yours exactly?
    It´s the Yamaha GTS 1000A. Born in 1993, sporting the 20-valve FZR Genesis engine form which they stripped the EXUP valve, reduced the "cavalry" to just 100CV and tuned it to a very flat power delivery graph, the main feature was the single-sided arm on the front that gave the impression of a "floating" wheel from the right-hand side, while showing the massive arrangement form the left. (a James Paker invention form the early 80´s. Here the first prototype, the RADD 1 from a Honda XL 600):

and the omega-shaped main frame. The short legs for a GT, its heavy weight, and the huge price tag, ended its assumed role to change things forever in the motorcycle world. It is now very rarely seen as there are very few on the road and was named the coolest motorcycle by Bike Magazine in 2006.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Oh, and not much to do with bimmer really. It´s just the angle of the picture. See this one:

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 9-3 Aero
    I had a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636 that I sold in 2008. Kinda getting the itch to get something else. Probably won't be this year.