Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD

Does anyone here also ride motorcycles?

In my short bio here I listed some of my other hobbies. I happen to own 2 motorcycles, a 2001 BMW R1200c and a 2006 HD VRSCD Night Rod. I'm hoping some other Saab drivers also ride? Maybe we can hook up if we live close by? That is after all of this white stuff melts of course. Let me know?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I can't wait for the white stuff to melt...!

I currently have a 2009 Suzuki V-Strom DL650. I used to have a 2002 DL1000 but had to sell it because I was out of work for a while. A couple of years ago I decided to stop by a local dealer just to see what they had on the floor. Always a bad idea! I couldn't resist the orange color and really didn't forgive myself to sell my previous Strom. So a few months later it was sitting in my garage.

Nice to see another motorcycle fan at SaabWorld.

Good times on all bikes so far. I have more pictures and some travel stories on my personal website: http://wulfers.net/motorcycle/index.html

Trip from Michigan to Quebec, Gaspe, Cape Breton. Looking back at the pictures, I should make these long trips more often.

I also used to have a Honda Shadow 750. Very nice bike for the money but lacked hp and a comfortable riding position for me. I do about 8K miles a season and I couldn't take the Shadow for more than a few hours. But that's the thing about motorcycles. You have to own a few different kinds until you figure out what kind of riding you like to do.

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Wulf:
    The V-Strom, Honda Goldwing and Can-Am Spyder are about the only two Japanese brand and Canadian bikes I wouldn't mind owning. (great choice!) My co-worker who owned HD's forever, traded in his Road King for a V-Strom. He then went out and bought a Can-Am Spyder to go along with the Suzuki. In MY world if I had unlimited income (and a bigger garage) I would love a Triumph (or two) a Victory (or two) and of course another HD or two! Ahhhhh to dream!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I wish I had one. My parents threatened to kick me out of the house if I got one. So only a couple years left. My dream is one of these...

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I wish I had one. My parents threatened to kick me out of the house if I got one. So only a couple years left. My dream is one of these...

Shaz:
    Oh yeah, Indian is back in business, I forgot! Add one or two of those to my list above as well.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    It's not so much that it's an Indian, as what that bike looks like, and most likely feels like to ride. I'm a fan of old motorcycles. Seems like your are just riding an engine with two wheels strapped on it. And the no new bike really seems to have that same bare bones, floating seat, raw motorcycle look/feel/style/I don't know what it is. If I were to ever (which I badly want to do), I'd be finding something old that needs work.
    DKW

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    You should look at OLD BMW's then, there are LOTS of older oilheads out there that might meet your specs, wants and needs.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I'm sure there are plenty, and as soon as I get that college degree and my own place, the hunt will begin.

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Let's see -

Got this one

This one

This one

One like this (this isn't mine)

Those are just the current ones!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Mac:
    Very nice rides!!!! I can't wait to get some decent days already. I was on my bike twice last week (to get to work) and once the week before. The weather is still to chilly for me to really enjoy the bike(s). Come on folks, anyone else out there in Saab World ride???