Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    03 93SS Vector

Unhappy Lets Talk AC.....

For over a year now I've been having an Intermittent AC Issue. When it started all of a sudden the AC would drop in temp and it would feel like damp warmer air. Shutting down and restarting would resolve the problem which was every few weeks. Over time the issue became more frequent, three trips to the Dealer (under warranty) did not solve the problem. As it stands now, if I start up, turn on the AC and jump on the Interstate, 50% of the time I can drive 300 miles plus without an issue, the other 50% I may have to restart one time. Driving locally.... It will start out fine, but if in slow or stop and go traffic, Bingo, it happens, sometimes two or more restarts are needed before the AC kicks in again.

I have noticed one oddity, Lately I can't seem to recall hearing the fans kick in after I park... it used to be the norm...
    No codes stored whatsoever, which I believe a failing fan or relay would generate.

Your Take?

You would need a scan tool when the problem occurs to see if the A/C request is not being handled properly due to a pressure or electrical problem. What did the dealer attempt to do to correct it?

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Something else to check would be the pressure.
    We had a similar case to this on a 9-5 and the system was over pressurized ... by a lot!
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabScott View Post
    Something else to check would be the pressure.
    We had a similar case to this on a 9-5 and the system was over pressurized ... by a lot!
    This is a good call right here. I have also had this issue in the past and what I did was empty the system out then refill it.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    I got the same issue with my Opel Omega after 14 years. In this Spring time, I have refilled the AC gas and the AC came back to normal functionality up to now.