Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2

Have some ACC fault codes and not sure where to start, I already recalibrated...

I ran my check for ACC codes because my ACC system was making a loud noise and I can't say for sure what it was but I believe it was a blend door trying to open or a flap....when it was cold out it would happen right after my car warmed up to running temperature, possibly when it was switching vents (in auto mode) or possibly trying to cool down and blend door is making a pop. Anyhow I searched for a resolution on Saabworld without finding anything (searched ACC problems, ACC codes, ect...) I did find a couple other articles with links below on how to replace a blend door, they are referenced at the bottom. My AC compressor is kicking on and getting cold and it seems like I can switch from hot and cold but it doesn't always work. The most recent problem is the air isn't switching to vent (@ face level) with A/C on?

My codes are below:
    1xxxxxx21
    2xxxxxx21
    2xxxxxx08

8 is Stepping motor, air-mixing flap, LH Loose flap B2495

21 is Direct current motor, air recirculation flap B+ open circuit or shorted to ground B2410

The above explanations are gibberish to me, the B24295 link and other link show symptoms, but don't seem to be the ones I have? Also I thought it was weird that 21 showed up twice as I thought the 1st # was the amount of codes and the 2nd was the actual code.

Here are the guides to replacing the blend doors, but I don't want to repair it them and then find out it was a waste. I'm sure I could do it if it's not an electrical issues. 8 I think I can figure out, but 21 I don't understand. Any help would be appreciated, it's about to get HOT.

12.10.2009: Saab 9-5 Blend Door Repair - photo.platonoff.com

http://www.thesaabsite.com/95/FAQ--h...uminum%29.html
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    The blend door repair is a must. When you go into you can see if the shaft is also broken. Often the only repair you need to do is the 08.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    Does this also happen to the 03 as well? When I'm driving and heat is off I feel cold air against my feet while driving. Could this be the start of the blend door failure?

Saab(s)
    Yep. Almost all 9 5's have a broken blend door arm and almost all need to replace it. I used the aluminum one although GM up graded the plastic unit as well. If the shaft is not broken that is the normal repair. It is a bitch the first time you do it, not bad at all the 2nd time. Either one is 29.00 so watch for those who want more. Jim Ellis Saab in Atlanta has them.
    Here is one on ebay: http://compare.ebay.com/like/2711161...Types&var=sbar

Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2
    EDIT: So I got under there today and my stop arm and shaft are complete toast on the drivers side. haven't checked the passenger side yet....anyhow I found a blend arm repair kit that has a metal shaft that goes over the broken shaft and has a stop arm attached...it's metal, $65 on parts geek with shipping! Anyhow, need to know if this would affect my vents not moving and if not what might cause that to happen. It seems like they are stuck on defrost and floor, but they will switch between, but no face vents? I thought maybe the blend arm being in such bad condition might cause this but I'm mot familiar with how the system works.

A 2nd question, my seat stopped working and I had asked about what it could be someone told me a switch, but i wasn't sure if they meant the box under the seat or the switch that moves the seat, my memory button was stuck, I pulled it off twice and cleaned it, the seat started to go and stop and go and stop, the last time I put it back on it doesn't work at all now and the seat is all the way low...I have a post on here with more details....does anyone know which switch is a more common problem? Also could I test the switch using the passenger side switch as a test or would the plug be backwards? thx for all your help...sorry I posted two questions in one thread, BUT I can't get to the stop arm easily with the seat the way it is. Thxs!!

Very much appreciated...fixing the blend door as soon as my part arrives. I noticed this morning that only drivers side is staying hot, the passenger area is working correctly. [FONT=arial black]Would this blend door stop also be the culprit behind my ACC system not switching to face vents?[/FONT] Also would you recommend doing both or just the drivers side? I know it's not broken yet on the other side but I hate to pay shipping twice and it looks fairly simple to change either one. Thx again!!
    Last edited by josemateos; 01 May 2013 at 03:58.
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast

Saab(s)
    Looks like the only repair you need is on the drivers side which seems to fail much more often. Before you install the new parts and with the old parts out recalibrate the system to line up everything correctly.
    The seat switch is the usual culprit.
    Get some kind of short table to put outside your door during repair. Thus you can lay on that as well. Without that the sill will break your back. Do the divers side 1st and likely you will be done.