Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Frank, Prickly Pear isn't a fruit, it's a cactus. I had a garden of them and they thrive here in NJ on the south facing rock cliffs. So I climbed up and took a few home and they took over a whole section of garden. The quills or spines are like micro-needles and they are too small for tweezers and will drive you nutz. The best cure that I found to get those spines out is ... DUCT TAPE .... yep, just put a nice sticky piece on a dry ringer and lightly put it on like a band-aid then pull it off. They do have a beautiful translucent almost wax like yellow flower once a year.

They grow low in clusters that are about the size and shape of one of those wooden stirring spoons.

I finally did a nice "napalm" job on them after getting impaled one too many times.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Prickly Pear wasn't very sweet or fruity, more like a dry but distinctive taste.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Found at the Lidl in Galway in Ireland. Not bad for a discount grocery store.

Might as well repost the Guinness pictures here. Have to try a few more of those as well. Beamish is another Irish Stout that I hadn't heard about before. Also very tasty, little bit different from Guinness. Perhaps even a little better.

You also see Budweiser and Coors in supermarkets in Ireland. I have no idea why you want to drink that with so many other local choices..

I also have been buying Killian's Stout quite often. Remarkable good taste and only $11 for a 12-pack. Not bad at all for a mass market brewer (Coors).

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    Fortunately, or unfortunately for my wallet, my wife got me drinking specialty craft brews when she found a bottle of Stone Imperial Russian Stout when we were on vacation. Since that point, I haven't looked back. Nowadays, even the generic craft brews don't really strike me any more.
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Third Shift Amber Lager is another new favorite of mine. It's pretty close to the regular Sam Adams but often quite a bit less expensive. Usually sells for about $10.50 for a 12-pack at the local grocery store.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    If I had to choose my two favorites it would be these:
    Name:  ruinten.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  23.8 KB Name:  abyss.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  15.6 KB
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I've been cutting back a bit. The waist line doesn't agree with beer. Once I get back into a workout routine, all the good drinks will be back on the menu.

But, around the holidays I was really enjoying my homemade eggnog. Mmmmmm.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig