Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I've revised my drink...

2 parts rum
    1 part Kahlua
    1 part milk

I've still got to get some lemonade to try the drink Euro suggested.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium, 6 spd manual
    I've been a long time connoisseur of snooty microbrew beers.

It was devastating when my doctor asked me to discontinue consuming gluten.

There are only two gluten free beers that I am familiar with, both are brewed with sorghum.

One is Red Bridge. Brewed by Annheuser Busch it is reminiscent of their mass-produced beers in flavor and overall drinking experience. I'm not a huge fan, but it will do in a pinch to accompany a slice of gluten free pizza. Without food it just tastes empty and watery (just like Bud, Bud light, coors, coors light PBR, etc. etc. etc.)

Another is Bard's, a microbrew which has many microbrew characteristics. It's supposed to be an american lager, but it comes out as a strange blend with the sweetness of a brown ale, but less bitter and other more lager like characteristics. This is more of a drinking beer, and doesn't go as well with food. It's not fantastic, but I buy it on occasion.

So unfortunately this has made it impossible for me to really enjoy beer anymore.

I'll also enjoy a glass of wine when paired with food (Huge fan of good Piinot Noir's when I can find them).

otherwise I'm limited to cocktails these days. I have a new found appreciation for Tequila when I never used to be a fan of. Patron Silver is my choice. I've also come to appreciate some old man cocktails like Manhattan's.

Never while driving though :p

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    One of my best friends is also gluten-free. I've likewise only found those two beers. He doesn't really truly like either, so I usually just buy him cider on his birthday or Christmas. Seems like there's market for more. Maybe I should get into the microbrewing business.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    One of my best friends is also gluten-free. I've likewise only found those two beers. He doesn't really truly like either, so I usually just buy him cider on his birthday or Christmas. Seems like there's market for more. Maybe I should get into the microbrewing business.
    You know I hadn't thought of it this way. I just assumed that Sorghum maybe wasn't as good of a grain for brewing beer, and that explained the subpar offerings. It really could just be that the recipe just needs perfecting.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    I've read that tasters feel Sorghum beer is "missing something". I sort of feel the same way about it. A quick google turns up evidence that home-brewers have had success by increasing the hops or alcohol--in essence, blotting out the rest of the beer flavor and making it more unidirectional. But there must be a better way.

Between Sorghum, rice (wild, brown, white), buckwheat, teff, millet, quinoa, corn, amaranth grain (weird Mexican thing), and (uncontaminated) oats, there must be enough to make something that tastes really good. It honestly surprises me that there isn't more interest. I've looked high and low on the internet too, but only the Brits are really making headway.

Time for an American offering!
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    I've read that tasters feel Sorghum beer is "missing something". I sort of feel the same way about it. A quick google turns up evidence that home-brewers have had success by increasing the hops or alcohol--in essence, blotting out the rest of the beer flavor and making it more unidirectional. But there must be a better way.

Between Sorghum, rice (wild, brown, white), buckwheat, teff, millet, quinoa, corn, amaranth grain (weird Mexican thing), and (uncontaminated) oats, there must be enough to make something that tastes really good. It honestly surprises me that there isn't more interest. I've looked high and low on the internet too, but only the Brits are really making headway.

Time for an American offering!
    I encourage this!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I bought a case of this on my visit to Chicago last weekend. I should have loaded up the Saab with Honker's Ale.

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    Have a few bottles of wine laid down, my favorite in a Napa made 2005 Red blend by Pininfarina, Vina Rosso.

a few of my favorites:

favorite sipping spirit:

love beer, in my cold box is:

and
    Last edited by Abarth; 10 September 2011 at 07:53.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Linear Wagon
    Health concerns don't allow me to imbibe.

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    I just tried some of that Knot stuff last weekend

Didn't much care for it, a bit sweet for my tastes. Also being so sweet and 100 proof I would be on the floor before I knew what hit me