Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Article: Spyker Cars in negotiations to sell Spyker sportscar business to focus on Sa

Frank
    Saab(s)
    It basically sounds like Muller is not that interested in Spyker anymore and wants to focus solely on Saab. Interesting quote from The Local Antonov sets sights on Saab ownership - The Local

On Thursday he indicated that he (Victor Muller) also has ambitions to become an owner in the Swedish carmaker. "It is a question of time before I am. Sooner or later it will happen," he said to the TT news agency.
    "Without Spyker had we not been able to buy the Saab Automobile last year, but now the Spyker operation has become a small fish in a big pond," said Saab's chairperson Victor Muller in a Spyker statement, revealing that the company is in need of more money for its development.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I thought it was cool Saab was connected to a rare/fancy car company, but I'm not all that sad to see it go. But it does show how badly Muller wants Saab to become successful! I don't think we could have asked for a better/more dedicated man to have saved Saab.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    If I understand this correctly.. The company Spyker-Saab which owns Spyker Cars and Saab Automobile sells Spyker Cars and renames the company to something like Saab Holdings. List this comapny on the Swedish stock exchange and Saab is really independent again.

Saab never really needed Spyker Cars to begin with. Just Victor Muller and capital.

I am getting so tired of almost every reporter starting with something like "Spyker Cars, the loss-making Dutch carmaker which acquired much larger Saab (which hasn't made a profit in like forever) last year...."

UPDATE 1-Spyker says revalues Saab assets | Reuters