Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 aero
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    What kind of hesitation are you experiencing? a more common problem with the 2.0s is the standard coilpack blow and cause motor hesitation when accelerating. the hesitation that you can experience is like a stutter or a misfire.
    pull out your coil pack and pull off the rubber igniter line look for any cracks next to the igniter all my blown coils had these cracks along them
    I will have a look tomorrow.
    The problem happens mainly between 3-4000 revs when holding the revs it basically loses power then continues as normal i would say kangaroo-ing best describes it.
    thanks for the reply

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 aero
    I have checked all the coils and they all look fine.

had a good look all over the engine bay for any leaks but all seems okay

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-3 ARC
    hmmmm well at this point if i couldn't diagnose it i would swing by a dealer and see what they say. Could you maybe post a vid of said hesitation?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 aero
    finally got to the dealer and they said there are multiple misfires.

they reckon it could be the balance shaft timing incorrect

they also said that it would be a mechanical fault as any ecu prob sensors etc would show up on there diagnostics ( which i think is a load of rubbish )

so any ideas on what could cause this they want 94 pound per hour just to have a guess

thanks

Todd
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero VTuner Stage 0
    2.8s eat coil packs. I had a miss under load. I replaced all 6 coils and life is good. Guarantee that's you problem.

Holding mine in fourth gear at full throttle would produce this. I never got a CEL for misfire. The ECU in these doesn't seem to pick up on these issues or report them.

Rockauto has them for $38 a piece. They seem to go in short succession so just do them all.

EDIT- Guess it would help if I were to read, 2.0T. I would still put money on coil packs.
    2006 Saab 9-3 Aero | VTuner Stage 0 | Open Intake | 320hp | 400tq

www.tdevers.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 aero
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTodd View Post
    2.8s eat coil packs. I had a miss under load. I replaced all 6 coils and life is good. Guarantee that's you problem.

Holding mine in fourth gear at full throttle would produce this. I never got a CEL for misfire. The ECU in these doesn't seem to pick up on these issues or report them.

Rockauto has them for $38 a piece. They seem to go in short succession so just do them all.

EDIT- Guess it would help if I were to read, 2.0T. I would still put money on coil packs.
    the only reason why i dont think its the coil packs is it happens worse when cold surely if its misfiring when cold and not so much when warm would it not more likely be a prob with a sensor. or would the misfire not be as apparent when warm

i dont really know im just guessing

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-3 ARC
    yeah if it was a coil it wouldent be so serious when it is cold, unless the coil is completly blown.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 aero
    i tried to add a picture but couldnt get it to work

is the map sensor supposed to be covered in grease i had another quick look today for leaks check wires even checked hose next to dipstick and i took out the map sensor and noticed it was covered in grease on the orange part.

and the engine has what sounds like an air leak coming from the power steering filler (general area not from cap)but i think this is normal

Saab(s)
    2007 9-3 aero
    Hello Guys,

Sorry to bump this topic, a google search of my problems led me to this thread. (My car 2007 9-3 aero 6 cyl.)

I am experiencing this very same problem "kangerooing / chugging" under certain RPM/engine loading. Usually see it when car downshifts to higher rpm when going up an incline.

What was the OP's problem and fix?

I thought the coil-packs would throw a CEL and I could just replace the bad one. How can I find the bad coil pack without the code?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    A misfire should throw a CEL. So I would check for vacuum/boost leaks first. If you don't find any, then it's real hard to find what coil pack is bad. You could buy one, and then keep swapping it down the row of cylinders until the problem goes away. Or you could buy all four, but that's pretty costly.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig