Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    People trying to log on to TSL are getting a message that the site has been reported as an attack site!

Another person got the same message trying to log on to another VerticalScope owned site.

Someone pissed off at VS screwing with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Didn't they have something similar with SC? It's probably their ads or tracking software. I am sure they are working hard on the problem at the Toronto headquarters.

You may want to protect yourself when visiting CS sites. And not be surprised and complain if you catch something nasty.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The latest acquisition..

Hotrodders.com acquired by AutoGuide

Hotrodders.com has been acquired by AutoGuide, a company that runs forums. I have been hired by AutoGuide to remain as administrator.

Why? Time/stress/money/life/site growth/legal vulnerability. Being hired to stay on as an admin keeps me connected to the community, but not as the formal owner. In addition, we're growing exponentially, and we can benefit greatly from the tech team that they bring to the table.

There's a lot that goes into a decision like this. When I started this site out of the corner of my bedroom more than a decade ago, I never could've imagined the adventure it turned out to be. Thank you all for the opportunity. For the ride.
    Wait.. what? VS pays their admins?

My name is Helena and I work for AutoGuide.com, as you have read above we are now the proud owners of hotrodders.com. yada, yada, blah, blah and more blah..
    I like Centerline's style..

Nope. Not going anywhere. I intend to be a thorn in AutoGuide's side until they ban me from this site..... which, by the way will prove they intend to sensor people's free speech rights. AutoGuide is nothing more than a conglomerate that gobbles up forums and turns them into on line infomercials. From this point on I'm going to make it my mission to make sure each and every member of HR.com is reminded of this FACT each and every day..... and if you don't like it trust me, AutoGuide has plenty of other forums you can visit.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The latest casualty.. The rumors are true - Pirate4x4 has been sold - Pirate4x4.Com

I have never heard of it but it seems to be quite a large and old forum. This time, VS bought the forum and hired the owner of the site to work for them.
    Friendly admins / VS employees.. It seems on any VS-owned forum, admins and perhaps moderators may be company employees.

Lance
    Administrator

well this thread went right into the crapper. I really don't give 10000 shits about any other site's experience with VS. They can all kiss my hairy beanbag. If the previous owners ran the sites into the ground and VS picked up the steaming pile of shit and wants to try to turn them around to be profitable, more power to them.

THIS SITE MAKES MONEY, AND IS PROFITABLE. IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED TO MAKE MONEY. I DIDN'T BAIL ON THE SITE, I AM ON THE VS PAYROLL AND WILL CONTINUE TO RUN IT. <<<---- Read this over and over, ok? That is the difference between my sites and others. JKO was profitable, you don't see shit for change over there. Get it?

Board war morons will be banned without warning, so GTFO of here.

This thread has served its purpose and will now be closed.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    AutoGuide continues it's takeover of the online world.

As centerline said: "AutoGuide is nothing more than a conglomerate that gobbles up forums and turns them into on line infomercials". Forums are going to either be crap that AG owns, or places like this. We may not have the member base of SC, but the quality of the members is what counts, not the quantity. And we have the quality!

Paid administrators. Thats just wrong.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Just a few more they announced since May. I am just not into participating in any large forums anymore because they'll probably will be bought out sooner or later.

VerticalScope is proud to announce that we have acquired TechSupportForum from SocialKnowledge - awesome site! Tech Support Forum | Experts Online now for FREE Support!

AutoGuide welcomes WranglerForum to our growing list of #Jeep and #OffRoad sites! Jeep Wrangler Forum - Jeep Wrangler Owners Community

AutoGuide is elated to welcome JeepForum to our family of sites! A huge Jeep site that will fit right in & more to come http://www.jeepforum.com/

Welcome LightningRodder members to the AutoGuide family - great to have you as part of the group http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/index.php

AutoGuide introduces MG-Rover as the latest site to join our group. Great site guys!! http://forums.mg-rover.org

AutoGuide welcomes Luxury4Play to our growing group of luxury automotive properties. http://www.luxury4play.com

AutoGuide is excited to announce that CadillacOwners has joined the family! Can't wait for the ATS launch http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum.php …

AutoGuide loves Alfa Romeo's, and in particular one of the top Alfa forums around! Welcome to the family! http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/

Autoguide is proud to welcome another awesome Honda site to the family: Hello CRZForum!! http://www.crzforum.com/

We are excited to have GoldwingFacts join our Motorcycle group of sites! Great riding weather today btw! http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Forums as we know them will die soon.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Social media is taking over as well. It seems many Saab clubs, owner groups and requests for help are increasingly moving to Facebook and blogs. Too bad because forums have so much more functionality.

It used to be forums were just a group of people hanging out, sharing things and help each other out. That was 10 years ago. When some figured out they could exploit this 'free' content and profit from it, the large forums become big money makers. But it's the same with Facebook. Ads are becoming really annoying on there as well.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    You and Facebook...
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    So I ventured on over to the "other" forums today. Many of them seem to be missing a lot of the former big players, but new people have filled their shoes. Where did they go? I know a lot of the Link guys set up FoundOurOwnRoad, but that seems to be down now too.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig