Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9³ Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    I can use shaving cream with my electric razor. I actually tried that a couple of days ago and it worked well......I need to find a way to "lubricate" my face so the machine glides better, need to check if baby oil can do the trick .

Time to smell like our fathers done:
    Name:  418KF629DNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  12.1 KB

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I shave about every other day. It comes in pretty quick, but is patchy. I use a Mach 3, but I've been looking at getting into a straight razor... they just seem to be a pretty big investment if I find out that my hand isn't as steady as I think. And no matter what razor I use (with expection of an electric, which I don't like) I cut myself in the same one or two spots. Just a rough spot in the skin that gets nicked nearly everytime.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    Just bought an electric shaver, Phillips Norelco something. I got tired of the expensive refills for my razor. So far so good...it's not as good a shave as the multi-blade one, but it doesn't beat up my skin as much....I have a 45 days trial on the machine, hopefully it will work for me.

So, what say you? electric, disposable, refillable, or old fashion live blade, how do you shave?

Once every couple of days, I fire up Old Betsy;

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    Refillable Gillette Mach III. My facial hair doesn't grow very well and electric razors don't work on me.
    Looks pretty bushy to me, Cincy !

Quote Originally Posted by colombo View Post
    Nah, this is what our dads used:

And I'm talkin' the glass bottles too, not the wimpy modern plastic bottles (which I shamelessly use ..... the OS classic aftershave)
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    I actually have a 6 blade razor.. Yes they do make it... Its actually "hannaford" brand, a grocery store brand... I LOVE it though. All the blades make it great in "sensitive" areas if u know what I mean.....

I tried going back to a three blade razor and got a lot more irritation and cut myself.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

Angry hot button rant ..

Yeah, shaving used to be a non-issue almost, it never counted in the budget.

What brought this to a head in the last few years is that they keep changing the refill deals for the blades so the handle becomes obsolete.

Worse, if you are unlucky like I was, your beard will change when you get older from normal to coarse and brittle so you need to change blades more.

Insult to injury ..

The other day I found my old double edged razor. Now to put this into perspective it used to be like $1.29 for a pack of blades or if you went high quality stainless it was a $1.59 for a pack of 6. Guess what? You can't buy them anymore, I did find a pack of single edge (special razor they don't sell anymore), in the drug store today. So then I look around and find my current Shick with three refills for ... $14.99.

And those little bags of cheapo Gillette with the blue handles only drag and inflict pain. Heck I used to do a "military shave" .. a double shave where your DI would use a credit card to test it; any schooooooch noise and you had to shave again and I really like a tight clean shave.

Yeah, my old razor is sitting there waiting.

Look at all the plastic that gets tossed into the landfill too. I am not even a green freak but the waste bothers me. My old faithful razor would still be going strong from 1968, so how is this new stuff progress and yeah I was actually on the hunt today so you hit a raw nerve.
    Last edited by tunnanxwd; 14 March 2011 at 23:15.

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    Hello, ladies.
    YouTube - Old Spice | Questions

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Love it !

Never seen that before, I don't watch much TV ('cept Food Network, duh !)
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 9-3 Aero
    Now that I think about it, every razor I've used in the past dozen or so years I got as a free trial in the mail. First the Mach 3, then the 4 blade whatever, now the Fusion 5 blade. They probably think they're onto something by providing the razors for free when the blade refills are so expensive. (kinda like inkjet printers) Too bad for them I can make a 4 blade refill pack last over a year. Or just move on to the next freebie that came in the mail. slickdeals is good for that too.

There's a battery powered Fusion (I think?) that came in the mail at least a year ago that I haven't even opened. I use a cheap walmart Wahl trimmer for the facial hair I do keep. I have the white trash facial hair that grows in every direction, so when it gets long I look like a rube. I always have a buzzcut too (#1 guide on the clippers- cut my own hair) - the modern mullet. Low maintenance. Hey, and a Hugger Orange Camaro. Appearance-wise, I fit almost every white trash stereotype.

I assume anyway. I honestly haven't looked at my full face in the light in like 15 years. Shaving is done with a 2" round mirror in the tub or shower and by feel. My wife tells me what I missed. If it wasn't for occasional pics and looking at myself in the mirror in shadows I'd have no idea what I look like. But I've gone way OT.

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Quote Originally Posted by colombo View Post
    I must admit, Lectric Shave works wonders with electric shavers.....

Me, I use disposable 5 blade Gillette razors and they're great. Nice and smooth too. Pack of three for $7 at Walgreens, and I shave about every three days so they last awhile for me.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    Love it !

Never seen that before, I don't watch much TV ('cept Food Network, duh !)
    Make sure you go look at the related vids too - there are a whole series of these.