Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion

Weird/obscure factory SAAB accessories - c900

Did your classic 900 come equipped with something from the factory that you haven't seen on any other SAAB? If so, post a picture here!

I've heard of:
    -Fire extinguisher (under passenger seat, only the extinguisher says SAAB on it)
    -Wind deflectors for sunroof
    -Wind deflectors for windows (4-door and 2-door models)
    -Pen tray for dash
    -Car bra
    -Wire mesh divider for a dog in the hatchback (attaches to rear seat headrest mounts)
    -Wire mesh headlight covers (for sealed beams, to prevent stone chips)
    -Tonneau cover for convertible
    -Cassette tape holder for center console
    -Speakers with separate tweeters for dash
    -Rear mudflaps (rumor has it there are some for the Aero/SPG kit too).
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Name:  mudflap.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  24.6 KB
    Here's a factory rear mudflap. As I said, I believe there are different ones for SPG/Aero cars as well. I saw these once in a picture, which I will try to find.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Neil Richardson
    Saab(s)
    '88 c900T, '88 c900 SPG, '94 9000 Aero
    Not exactly uncommon (as common as Saab stuff from the 80's can be) but my SPG has a liner deal on the very nose of the hood to protect from chipping, I guess. Seems like an odd accessory.

Right below the gigantic badge one of the PO's put on.

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    I've got that hood strip too. Can't wait till I pull it off, I think it looks atrocious

And both of my '87s have the sunroof deflector

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
    I've got that hood strip too. Can't wait till I pull it off, I think it looks atrocious

And both of my '87s have the sunroof deflector
    Ha, I like the idea of the hood strip. The sunroof deflector, I am less enthusiastic about. I wish mine were smoke-grey instead of blue.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    ]I personally like the bonnet/hood strip. I've got one on my vert and not on the tin-top. I know it's purely subjective and a question of aesthetics, but I think it looks good, unlike sunroof and window deflectors. They go with towing caravans and badges on the front as I said in the SaabCentral thread. I won't start that again. Anyway, there is a practical reason for the strip. I was always getting stone chips on the front lip of my 900s. I had lots of 'em, mostly new when they were in production, and the lip was always getting chipped until I put the strip on. It really p****d me off. Here's my vert with the strip and a pic of the window deflectors that I took off and got a fortune for on eBay .

PS When I was buying 900s new from '79 to '93, in the UK they all had mud-flaps. Now my tin-top doesn't have them but my vert does. I remember in the late '80s I was at a Saab day at Goodwood, and I was being taken round a quick lap by Eric Carlson. He told me and demonstrated that when cornering really hard you're not really trying until the mud-flap is really scraping. Tom Trana also took me for a few laps and he seemed to be as quick as Eric but he was concentrating and working quite hard. Eric whilst driving carried on the conversation and appeared to be quite casual, but most disconcertingly looked at you while he was talking. Didn't slow him down any.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4009[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by peva; 24 March 2011 at 15:19.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Don't know if it's weird, but I have a brand new set of snow chains in a small plastic bucket that was a SAAB option at one point.

Neil Richardson
    Saab(s)
    '88 c900T, '88 c900 SPG, '94 9000 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by jskrebs View Post
    Don't know if it's weird, but I have a brand new set of snow chains in a small plastic bucket that was a SAAB option at one point.
    Pics or it didn't happen

Anyone else have the rubber floor mats? I have a set and they're great. They're molded to the floor pan and say SAAB on them.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabhat93 View Post
    Anyone else have the rubber floor mats? I have a set and they're great. They're molded to the floor pan and say SAAB on them.
    You mean something like this. They fit extremely well, but I wouldn't call them moulded to the floor. They are very good at containing all the grit off your shoes.

Another Saab accessory I had in the '80s was a pair of moulded plastic bins that clipped under the front of the front seats and were accessible whilst you were in the seat. Great for all the rubbish you couldn't find a place for. Only wish I could find some now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1979 c900, 1991 c900, 1999 9-3
    I have a brake master cylinder cover that I've never seen on another saab...I believe it was stock for only the first couple of years. No one else seems to have one...