Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)

Welcome to the new Oceania and Asia board!

I have been given the task to be a moderator of this board. One of the first orders of business was to broaden the area covered and include parts of the world near Australia and New Zealand. The original name was the "Australia and New Zealand" forum. I must confess that I suggested "Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand" choosing 3 countries with higher Saab ownership and ordering them by population. However, the Oceania and Asia name was selected. Saabs are sold in a number of other countries in Asia so now these owners don't have to be left out.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 37 View Post
    I must confess that I suggested "Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand" choosing 3 countries with higher Saab ownership and ordering them by population. However, the Oceania and Asia name was selected.
    I thought about what to name that section and thought it would be best to use a broader geographical region instead of naming individual countries. But feel free to suggest other names. We can always make changes or split it up at a later time.

Welcome and good luck. It will be very interesting to read about members in this part of the Saab world.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Welcome Dave.

You're in charge of an area with over 2.5B people ! Better make sure the SW servers will have what it takes to handle potential growth in site traffic !
    Last edited by Dave T; 05 August 2010 at 18:37. Reason: test edit. no change to the post
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

clive moore
    Saab(s)
    was a 9.5 aero now a Saab Turbo X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 37 View Post
    I have been given the task to be a moderator of this board. One of the first orders of business was to broaden the area covered and include parts of the world near Australia and New Zealand. The original name was the "Australia and New Zealand" forum. I must confess that I suggested "Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand" choosing 3 countries with higher Saab ownership and ordering them by population. However, the Oceania and Asia name was selected. Saabs are sold in a number of other countries in Asia so now these owners don't have to be left out.
    Hi to all the Oceania and Asia Saab owners from the Saab Car Club Of Australia (SCCA) you can find information on our club here www.saabclub.org.au the club has a national membership with over 200 individual members (not including family members ) and on a recent count 1.5 Saabs per member as many of the SCCA members have at least two Saabs and more. We have events ranging from show n, shine and concours , track days , dyno days , technical meetings , weekend drives and have a bi-annual national event including the national concours where members from around Australia get together over the Easter holidays for that ' Saab Experience'

best wishes from the SCCA

Clive Moore SCCA National President
    Last edited by Aeroo; 06 August 2010 at 23:34.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Nice to hear from you, Clive, though we've never met. I've read about your TurboX and the event at Mt. Gambier later this month. Unfortunately, I live in the weird part of the world where the drain swirls the wrong way. It's too far away!
    Last edited by Dave T; 07 August 2010 at 01:22.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 SS, 9-3 SC
    Howdy folks! Just stumbled upon this forum and joined. Am I the first Asian to join the board?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Welcome Epsilon93! It sure looks like you're the first member from Asia to join. It's nice to see new members from different parts of the world join this place.

And a belated welcome to Aeroo. I somehow must have missed your post. Wish I could make it to Australia again some time soon but as Dave said, it's just so far away. It sounds like you have an active club going there. Hopefully others will find their to SW as well and share some experiences with the rest of the world.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 14 August 2010 at 02:12.

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 SS Aero (2.0T)
    yo fellow saabians or pilots (we use this term in our local forum). great to be the part of this forum. looking forward to greater exchanges as in SC.

cheerios.....: )

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Welcome, epsilon93 and inergen, familiar names from Saab Central!

As the song "We are Singapore" starts out, "There was a time when people said
    that Singapore won't make it, but we did". The red dot is now on the map here at SAABWorld! Welcome aboard.

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 SS Aero (2.0T)
    yo, Dave, you must have been to this part of the world to know this patriotic lyrics.

haha...cheerios....:icon_lol: