Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Wrestrepo

Show us your pet(s)

Caesar and Isabella...Isabella is the one wearing orange

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    We just put a deposit on a Siberian Husky. We should get her in late April of early May.

My girls are very excited.

Neil Richardson
    Saab(s)
    '88 c900T, '88 c900 SPG, '94 9000 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    We just put a deposit on a Siberian Husky. We should get her in late April of early May.
    Purebred? How much would you expect to pay for a dog like that? I've always wanted a Husky. I'd name him Haunch.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabhat93 View Post
    Purebred? How much would you expect to pay for a dog like that? I've always wanted a Husky. I'd name him Haunch.
    Yeah, purebred. It'll probably be around $350-$400.

We had two huskies before we moved overseas, a male and a female. The male was a show quality dog and cost me $650 plus I drove about 40 miles north of Green Bay to pick him up. The female I firmly believe we rescued from a puppy mill in Morehead, KY. The difference in the dogs was night and day. The drive back from Green Bay was spent constantly trying to keep the male, Rascal, in the back of the SUV. The female, Angel, spent the 2 1/2 hour ride home asleep with her head in my wifes lap!

They are great dogs, not mean at all(they don't make good guard/watch dogs and are great with kids. They also love to run. As far and as fast as they can. The males also have a tendency to be very stubborn.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    So my dog had an ulterior motive when he went for my throat. Actually he was part wolf and had to be put down. We only had him for a few weeks since he was found roaming and like they say, there was just something different about him.

Neighbor had a pure Husky, curly tail Siberian but like any dog the wild came out one day. Not trying to be morbid but my buddy shot him. He got a hold of the other family dog that was a tiny little thing, Shi Tzu? Anyhow, I heard the shot and looked over and the Husky was doing the "grab shake" on the little guy. The small dog died from the attack and the Husky dropped from the shot.

Yeah, now this 11 pound Pomeranian sitting at my feet does this shake thing with his toys and it's pretty scary to watch. Little sucker has a mean nip (small dog syndrome) and would ... ornery little bastid'.

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Thats why you are supposed to socialize your dog, starting when they are like 8 weeks old. Dogs treated and raised well by non-neglectful owners don't "have the wild come out of them". I'd be more worried that the owners were beating the dog than it being completely random. Dogs are rough players by nature, only by socialization, regularly, like every week do they learn what the limits are... Otherwise how do they know what hurts and whats play?

This is maggie and me

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 9-3 Aero

Zoe and Pedro. Zoe was a free farm dog- German Shepherd mixed with who knows. She's about 6 inches wide and all legs. Pedro is 100% AKC purebred Black Labrador Retriever.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Not always true. In the case where my friend had to shoot his dog they were both pampered and loved, brushed and family dogs in every sense of the word. I think the tiny pooch set off a trigger for "hunt" in the Husky.

In the case of the half wolf, it speaks for itself. I kept telling the family that this "dog" was not normal, they were saying it was Husky-Shep. Taken in off the streets or perhaps out of the local woodlots from communication with feral dogs? We will never know the story of "Tooth" but the third bite was a death sentence.

When you get into the order of bites in family dogs, the order would shock you. Dalmatians led the pack, St. Bernards, Cockers, were pretty close behind. Pits were high but by % of breed were not the leaders but with times changing. My list was from the ASPCA and Seeing Eye presentation I attended.

Saab(s)
    None
    This is Saber, she is four months old, been with me for a week!

So cute!
    ...................and breathe!

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Awwwwwwww! Yeah, that is too cute for words.

I noted some Labs on here. My idiot, beloved "Homer" died a few years ago and he was about 13. Amazing that he lived that long with his issues.

He was about a year old (we got him a 11 months), and had him for a few weeks. Wifey came home and hollered .. "what have you done with my shoes?" Nothing, of course but there was not a trace of a shoe in the house, except for a gnawed heel that we found under the TV later. Don't ask how 100 pound of Lab ate 20 some pairs of shoes.

Homer ate all of his dog dishes and a chair leg so the next day I put him in the basememt. He ate the banister.

Needless to say that after eating 12' of banister and a chair leg and 20+ shoes, Homer, had GI issues.