Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wrestrepo
    I loved that episode....That's some nice LR. I love all that technology

Saab Fan
    Oh do I love Land Rovers. Would I ever buy one? Uh...probably not. We looked very closely at the LR3 a couple years ago and it is very appealing but I was too paranoid about the reliability. Of course, that doesn't stop me from staring longingly at them whenever they drive by. The RR even more so.

I say go look and drive a few of them if you aren't afraid of some reliability issues. Assuming you have a decent warranty, a good service center, and you know what you're getting into I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. As you noted, like Saab's you're always going to find someone who has had a terrible experience as well as someone who can't say enough good things about them.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This forum seems to have some good info and nice pictures.
    Land Rover Reliability. - Expedition Portal Forum

I have to buy that expedition vehicle some day, quit my day job, sell the house and explore the world some day...

I always liked these. Not sure what model it is because I hardly know anything about Land Rovers, except for I always wanted one. But in the end, I probably would get a Landcruiser if I would be looking for a vehicle like this.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by sptsdn View Post
    Oh do I love Land Rovers. Would I ever buy one? Uh...probably not. We looked very closely at the LR3 a couple years ago and it is very appealing but I was too paranoid about the reliability. Of course, that doesn't stop me from staring longingly at them whenever they drive by. The RR even more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    But in the end, I probably would get a Landcruiser if I would be looking for a vehicle like this.
    Don't stare, don't stare ..........

"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by saabken View Post
    don't stare, don't stare ..........

why did you do that Ken????????????
    Must not look at it!!!!!

To be brutally honest, and mind you I am a huge LC fan, I was really disappointed after sitting in one of the new ones. The second and third row are not as comfortable as I thought they'd be.

Saab Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    To be brutally honest, and mind you I am a huge LC fan, I was really disappointed after sitting in one of the new ones. The second and third row are not as comfortable as I thought they'd be.
    Did someone say Land Cruiser?!?

Really? I love the second row in the LC; it slides back and reclines so there's a lot of flexibility (plus they're heated!). However, yes the third row is not a place you want to spend any time in. It's the old-school fold up style so you have very little leg room. I suspect this is due to the rear suspension.

Between the LC and the RR, the RR interior is a far nicer place to spend some time in. I think the LR3 has an interior comparable to the LC, at least material-quality wise.
    Last edited by sptsdn; 26 March 2011 at 10:02.

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by sptsdn View Post
    Did someone say Land Cruiser?!?

Really? I love the second row in the LC; it slides back and reclines so there's a lot of flexibility (plus they're heated!). However, yes the third row is not a place you want to spend any time in. It's the old-school fold up style so you have very little leg room. I suspect this is due to the rear suspension.

Between the LC and the RR, the RR interior is a far nicer place to spend some time in. I think the LR3 has an interior comparable to the LC, at least material-quality wise.
    Something about the seats I didn't like, not only in the second and third row, but also in the front. They didn't seem to be the seats I want to take a 600mile trip in, not enough support, just very simple. You do get spoiled when you have Saab seats...Maybe retrofitting a set?
    One more thing I didn't like of the rear seats was that there wasn't enough height for my legs, so my knees where at chest height when seated.
    Let's get back on track before this becomes another LC fest.

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    I have to say, My 1998 Discovery had fantastic seats. You sit real high too, no "knees in your face".

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    Oh isn't she a beaute !!!

Just for fun I decided to search for used Defenders in the US and let's just say that you'd be better off buying a Range Rover. The newest one within 500 miles of my home was a 1997 with 74Kmiles going for 38K......

Forget that, found another one with only 35Kmiles going for 55K

doesn't care about 'rank' TooMany2cvs's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '90 c900 T16 - SOLD & GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasaabi View Post
    Just for fun I decided to search for used Defenders in the US and let's just say that you'd be better off buying a Range Rover.
    Umm, if you want a Defender, surely a Rangie isn't _quite_ what you're after...? I mean, it's like comparing a Merc GL-class and G-wagen.
    Adrian
    Soon to be living life on the road in an old VW
    http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com