Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Arc wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    I bought a dozen of these effers from Rock auto not too long ago for just over a $1 or so. Keep them in the car for emergencys.
    I bought 4 for 1.79 each.. (dealer wanted $22!!!!) Since it took 8 years for one to break I doubt I will need to do it again especially since I set the stop properly on the drivers door. But you make a good point. I should throw one in my spare DIC box...

Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Linear
    I cant get the second click! Using large channel-locks. I dont want to damage window or roller rails. Anyone come up with a diffent method to squeeze thru second click? thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I think mine only had a single click as well. I didn't want to force it and the window worked fine.

Saab(s)
    1996 NG900 2.0 Turbo automatic
    My new window roller arrived today. Time to start tearing up teh door. By the looks of things, this is no isolated fault on Saabs...

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Well, I had my driver's side window do the shark fin tilt last month. It was a day before I had an appointment at the Saab dealer to replace a wheel bearing and they did the regulator replacement too.

Well, today it's flipping hot here, and lo and behold, the same window again did the shark fin into the door, so apparently the regulators broke again. I'll be going by the dealer tomorrow and buying a pair of regulators and doing the job myself, so I was happy to find a tutorial here at SW. I'll also be ordering some regulators from the US (cheaper) in the event they fail a third time! Since the parts are cheap might as well have them handy.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I have 2 spare rollers in my tool bag in the car. With my luck, one will break while I am on a road trip on a Saturday night at 7:00pm, far away from any place that may sell these. I think I can replace one in about 30 minutes anywhere. Now that I have them on hand, they will probably never break again though..

Sarah
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 2.3t wagon, 2004 9-5 Sedan
    HI all...we just did this in May when I had just moved. Thank goodness we have a garage. I got mine from the local dealer that sells Saab parts for $7.00 each. And I thought Canada was expensive. I guess not.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3t Estate 2006; 9-3 SE 2001
    Have just completed this job on my 9-5 after consulting this site - the pics were extremely helpful, thanks. I followed the same procedure up to the point where you say "do not remove the securing pin from the roller" - in fact, I DID remove the pin, slid the roller into the guide, pushed the regulator into the roller and then re-attached the pin to the roller. It`s a bit fiddly this way, and be prepared to lose the pin inside the door a couple of times ( I used a telescopic rod with a magnet on the end to retrieve it), but it saves having to force the regulator "pin" throught the roller which is equally tricky in my opinion.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The window rollers broke on my 2005 9-5 last weekend. I don't think there was any worse location this could happen... I drove into a car wash, opened the window to pay and was ready to roll through the car wash. And yes.. I wanted to roll up my window and it just fell back in the door.

They were able to let me back out and fortunately there was only one other car behind me. And it could have been worse as this car wash is usually busy on Saturdays.

Ah well, hopefully these new rollers will last another 10 years.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Burgandy Areo 9-5

Green Window Roller Replacement - Saab 9-5

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
    I bought a dozen of these effers from Rock auto not too long ago for just over a $1 or so. Keep them in the car for emergencys.
    I read all these replies, great replies. Someone mentioned setting the window stops. I had no idea there was a stop setting, I do agree that there is a coralation between the stops and the green roller breaking. So, how does one find and set these stops?

Also after replacing the green rollers on the passenger side front window the window raises to the close position, but on the way up it tends to have a gap to the rear of the window. It can be pushed by hand to the rear and then it will close. I know you guys have the answers and thanks up front.