Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    your moisture rubber seal along the slide of the door is surely dropping down and the roller is not correctly pushed in that's cause the misalignment of the window.

Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-5 sportcombi 2.3T

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Well, I had my driver's side window do the shark fin tilt last month. It was a day before I had an appointment at the Saab dealer to replace a wheel bearing and they did the regulator replacement too.

Well, today it's flipping hot here, and lo and behold, the same window again did the shark fin into the door, so apparently the regulators broke again. I'll be going by the dealer tomorrow and buying a pair of regulators and doing the job myself, so I was happy to find a tutorial here at SW. I'll also be ordering some regulators from the US (cheaper) in the event they fail a third time! Since the parts are cheap might as well have them handy.

So, I had this happen to me, where I fixed it, it worked for a few days, and then popped and "Shark finned". After some research I saw that the blue square window regulators for Volvo's work on Saab's. Since they are square, i find that they glide in the track easier and I (knock on wood) have not had to make any other repairs since. This repair was done in October (when I purchased the car) and has been fine since.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 wagon
    I have gone through 2 sets of rollers and they crack every time I try to open the window. When I bought the car, the window didnt work right. The damage had already been done. The "ball" on the regulator that snaps into the green roller had chewed up the channel that the roller glides in. Is there any way to just replace those 2 tracks that are attatched to the glass? Or will I have to pick up a new window (in other words "bone yard shopping")?

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedFool View Post
    I have gone through 2 sets of rollers and they crack every time I try to open the window. When I bought the car, the window didnt work right. The damage had already been done. The "ball" on the regulator that snaps into the green roller had chewed up the channel that the roller glides in. Is there any way to just replace those 2 tracks that are attatched to the glass? Or will I have to pick up a new window (in other words "bone yard shopping")?
    If you have opportunity to buy windscreen sealant cartridge and the pistol dedicated to, you can swap the rails meanwhile you can break the glass by accident. Additionally seems it has a special gasket laying between glass fairing.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    900 GLi , 9-5 wagon 2.3t MY04
    a good tutorial on the window roller replacements, did my driver side rollers this week based on the information provided.

OP, thanks for posting the step by step guide with illustrations !