Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ian Scott
    Saab(s)
    Current: 87 900t, 02 9-5 4d Past: 88 900t, 05 9-5 wagon, 87,89 9000T, 91+85 900S, 84 900 8vt 4d
    ...and here I thought this design was the greatest thing since sliced bread! I've got one of these cans and love it. Wulf is right about the spout not being very secure, a hose clamp would probably be fine but mine is snug enough. I've gone my whole life hating on the traditional design haha. Using the new one, if you don't manage to f- it up, you can get gas and put it into something without getting a drop of gas on you nor the equipment. I keep that exact little can tucked away under my rear floor board in the 900, next to the too often used jumper cables.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Doctor Watson, you don't keep fuel in the can do you?

Ian Scott
    Saab(s)
    Current: 87 900t, 02 9-5 4d Past: 88 900t, 05 9-5 wagon, 87,89 9000T, 91+85 900S, 84 900 8vt 4d
    haha no

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    Did you read in California you can't buy washer anti-freeze unless you are "X" miles from the "mountains" .. Sierra Nevada is the only place that frosts?
    Eh? Is there such a thing as washer fluid without anti-freeze (alcohol) of some sort? I have always used the wood-alcohol-based stuff, which seems to freeze at about -10ยบ or so. Never needed the glycol "winter" stuff, and I live in New Hampshire!

As for the gas cans, I've used a few different ones with "modern" designs. I like the ones with a collar around the spout that you can pull back and it locks open or closed. These are fairly spatter-free. I also met one old metal one that had a spring-loaded flapper valve on the top, mated to a short pouring spout.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Neil Richardson
    Saab(s)
    '88 c900T, '88 c900 SPG, '94 9000 Aero
    In most of the auto parts stores around here they only sell washer fluid without an anti-freeze in it. It's dirt cheap that way and it never freezes in most of the urban areas in California like the Bay Area and LA. I think I paid a a dollar or so for a gallon last time I bought some.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

Cool Ban the beer ?

Of course you won't need it in San Diego or Malibu, but California is a huge state.

This isn't just about SC. If this guy lives in one of the transitional areas what the heck.

How much can you regulate in life. *** (edit - Wulf) , alcohol is getting into the atmosphere.

So, lets only allow beer or wine that is ingested via IV or straw ... while Nancy Pelosi gets to fly home each weekend in a G-5 jet. Worse, she (edited - Wulf) wanted a bigger jet and was bucking for a 757 (no kidding just for her), so she did not have to refuel.

And a kid can't by a jug. Paging Doctor Feelgood to a PC code Blue.

California, where the fruits and nuts ripen in the sun.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 30 March 2011 at 14:10. Reason: improper language

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Tunnan, could you please tone down the political rhetoric? Flaming politics of any kind is no way to act on our forum.

Thanks.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    The politics was a jest for the most part and all "cliche", OK I was hard on Nancy.

But is that law real? They told me that it was a regulatory new can. The questions are legitimate and pretty automotive related ... as in gas and windshield fluid.

And the next time you rip a few handy tips about 900's give me credit. That stuff you wrote on the other forum was verbatim. That will get you canned from most schools, honestly before you cast stones look at your own house. If I was critical of you I expect a flame and it may be valid and if so you will get a deserved sorry.

I would have let this die if someone did not post about the windshield stuff. Wulf provided a nice photo and case solved.

Now, if you are familiar with CA environmental regs, they have some good stuff but usually go overboard. They demanded in law that any product that has any asbestos be clearly labeled in 2" block letters. Every kitchen floor, curbside area, kitchen sink, wall board .. they do this crazy stuff and then have to back off. Is Jersey humor OK?
    Last edited by tunnanxwd; 30 March 2011 at 16:46.

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    I find politics in this particular manner ok, because it is wildly unlikely that we will find someone who supports Ms. Pelosey's giant Jet Fetish... Not really any personal attacks on anyone, pointing out the obvious.. It's not like a dem vs repub debate or anything, and unlikely to be personally related to anyone.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    My view is that political flaming alienates people on both sides of the aisle, by branding us as either a group of rednecks or a bunch of pinkos, depending on the argument.