Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. What about the AMM? Some connection possibly loose there or something get loose on the O2?

You should be able to see the fuel filter by looking underneath the car... right around the front of the back right tire.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    No amm it is a map system. Going to order a fuel filter and air filter tomorrow.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Changed air and fuel filter and it ran fine for about 5 miles then started missing again. Buddy thought that the fuel pump sounded rough. Can a Fuel pump half work? Also I did not put dielectric grease on my new spark plugs and was wondering if I may be getting tracking, will pull the DIC tonight and test it, hopefully I can find some grease at an auto parts store.

Steve
    Saab(s)
    '02 9-5 Aero, '89 900S
    Ive had the fuel pump on my truck half work. It would pressurize the system, but it wasnt enough to run properly. I had never heard of one half working before it happened to me. It was a pain to diagnose too since I dont have a fuel pressure gauge, so I ended up just changing it. If you have access to a fuel pressure gauge, I would start by checking that.

Do you get a lot of water near the plugs? I never use dielectric grease on my plugs since they are not vulnerable to water.......but I also dont have a 9000.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    DIC is cracked the length of the #4 coil. I tried to put some dielectric grease in the crack and wrap it with black tape, but no go.

Figure I should replace that and then perhaps move on to fuel issues if any.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Think I figured it out. Got a DIC from E bay with a warranty and the CSE rides again. Rachel is so happy to regain her wheels.

Check out the old DIC. Think I will disassemble it to see what's inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    This thing is running awesome.

Have a performance related question. I have a 3" exhaust with race cat as it was cheaper than a factory one or a POS Walker unit.
    If I open up the air inlet on the airbox to 3" and do an adaption run might I get some more boost?

I have a USB BDM and CAN USB adapter but have not got it all figured our yet.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by jskrebs View Post
    If I open up the air inlet on the airbox to 3" and do an adaption run might I get some more boost?
    Sounds logical.

Quote Originally Posted by jskrebs View Post
    I have a USB BDM and CAN USB adapter but have not got it all figured our yet.
    For an adaptation run, can't you just leave the battery unplugged for like 10 min, and then go do some hard pulls in the car? Not really sure if that's what you are talking about.... computer stuff is the stuff I never want to get into.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    For an adaptation run, can't you just leave the battery unplugged for like 10 min
    Yes, You need full throttle between 2500 and 4000 RPM and the trionic adapts to the various sensor inputs. The BDM and CAN USB allows you to unlock the ECU, upload and download software and live tune the car as you drive with a laptop running T5 Suite software. You need to do an adaption run whenever you change anything the trionic system interacts with. I kind of remember the airbox inlet for the 9000 being pretty small.