Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Group buy - Short-Shifter for c900

Hi all, I`m copying what was announced in saabcentral.com recently. maybe there`s someone interested over here. please let me know.

--------------------------

So ladies and gents,

Having heard interest expressed on getting a short-shifter for c900
    with this I would like to propose a GROUP BUY on the following short-shifter:

- Produced in the EU.
    - tried and tested. I`ve been using them in my cars already for some 3 years with no sign of fatigue. It`s been made for and sent to SAAB nuts in Belgium, Holland, France, Latvia, USA and I have not heard anyone coming back with an issue (hope sombody from SC members with my shifter might come in and say what they think of it)
    - Steel shaft, solid steel spherical bearing (as compared to plastic from SaabSavior), aluminium bearing housing, adjustable aluminium lower ball.
    - Plug`n`play. Ready to drop in and drive off.
    - Stock length, minus 2 cm or any specific length possible (your choice).

Provides:
    - shorter travel shifts (let me check but shifter top end moves ~ twice shorter distance that stock. Let mer check once again)
    - much more precise that your original and already worn SAAB shifter
    - shockproof design, no plastic part present, should last forever under normal use
    - lower sitting shifter knob if you choose shorter version (I know many people complain of stock shifter sitting to high)
    - no more palstic cup/springloaded intallation manevring, just drop in and turn 3 screws
    - reverse lockout functionality is retained and you`ll just need to transer wire, spring and pin from the original SAAB shifter
    - original black plastic lockout lift piece and original knob fits right on, so from outsider it looks plain stock (apart from length)
    - written installation instructions accompany every shifter, it takes some 20-30 minutes to get it in, adjusted and ready.

One thing to note - as this shifter (and the same goes for SAAB Savior and Erikkson shifters) uses steel spherical bearing, it`s not fixed agains turning. This in reality mean that you`ll be able to turn the shifter clock/anti-clock if you want, you may find it off the perfect position occasionally. The gaiter will keep it more or less straight. Rubber gaiter better that leather. Honestly, this is no issue for me (using this shifter in two of mine c900) but I want make it clear so people are aware. Again, this is the same for any short-shifter of this design.

Normal price is 160$ (or equivalent in other currency). If I do get a group of 10-15 we go down to 155$, 15-20 we go down to 150$ + shipping to US (and CAN) 25$, will check Europe and other parts of the world if there is anyone interested. I guess I would ask for a downpayment on my PayPal beforehand as I need to buy material and be sure that I do make the shifter which will be bought and won`t stay on my shelf.

Please, let your name down replying here or send an e-mail to KRBDxx at gmail

So, it looks like this. The shifter and type of bearing used.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    My two cents on this: These look to be well-built and probably a good value. It's not my kind of accessory, but for anybody who wants to know, KurBads is a longtime SaabCentral member in good standing and looks like he can organize a good group-buy.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    If I had any sort of cash I'd probably be interested

But then i do wonder how comfortable this would be - The shifter may be long OEM, but it rides at a pretty good height and is easy to rest upon

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    I believe the way this one works is it puts the bearing up higher, thus shortening the travel without shortening the length itself. That's why he says it comes in stock length, -2cm, or any other length. Correct me if I'm wrong, KurBads, but it works like this, doesn't it?

You can do this to a stock shifter, but it's fairly involved and probably requires a parts car (I wouldn't do it to my only shifter for fear of screwing up).
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

yes, in principle, the principle is the same.
    shifter`s length may be made to your demand but normally I do make stock and - 2cm. Any other specific lenght is possible I would suggest in staying within 2 cm.
    I might have an order for -2,5 cm and will ask customer to come back and comment how he liked it.

So, anyone interested at this stage at 155 $/ppc?

Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    I believe the way this one works is it puts the bearing up higher, thus shortening the travel without shortening the length itself. That's why he says it comes in stock length, -2cm, or any other length. Correct me if I'm wrong, KurBads, but it works like this, doesn't it?

You can do this to a stock shifter, but it's fairly involved and probably requires a parts car (I wouldn't do it to my only shifter for fear of screwing up).

Hi everyone,

Just to bring up the info - these short-shifters are available (few items in stock ready to be shipped), now a bit improved design and on demand possible to make at your specific lenght besides the two "normal" versions (if anyone wants a -4 cm shifter, it`s your call).

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

krbd

Hi, anyone interested, please contact. Shifters available.

People, I have a number of abovementioned short-shifters available right off the shelf.

Name:  IMAG0263.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  27.9 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    You should put these in the Marketplace as well for some extra exposure. Classifieds

Thank`s Frank!
    Done!