Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Shoutbox

You probably noticed the Shoutbox window on the main forum page. This is the Shoutbox Lite version which is free. The Pro version has more features so maybe that is something we can upgrade to at a later time if we like. vBShout Pro

The Lite version is basically a chat window. It also shows new threads and replies notifications. Just type your message in the box on the left and hit <ENTER> to post.

From the top middle Shoutbox drop-down, you can access the message archive. Or use this link: http://saabworld.net/vbshout.php?do=...e&instanceid=1

It won't replace anything on the forums and is more like a quick way to connect with others online and see what's happening on the forum. The nice thing is you don't have go to a separate page or window.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    That´s a nice addition to the forum Wulf. We have one of those on our motorcycle forum and it works great. Thanks!.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This has been disabled for now. It was hardly used and was taking up space and server resources and also made the main forum page slower to load. It's always worth it to try new things but some features just don't bring any value to the site.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    In my oppinion, part of the problem was the layout was not all that clear and it got cluttered with the ads of posters posts. In any case, I think you did the right thing since it was not used that much.

Neil Richardson
    Saab(s)
    '88 c900T, '88 c900 SPG, '94 9000 Aero
    I agree. I think some newer users were also confused by it as well. I saw a lot of posting in there in lieu of starting new threads in the appropriate subforum. It was definitely worth a try, though.