Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    1985 900 Turbo EAG, 1990 SPG Talladega Red
    Quote Originally Posted by spydergear View Post
    Widow switches were any easy fix on my ’85. I just took them apart and cleaned the contacts with really fine wet-dry paper. No need for new ones.
    This is what happens when I use Quick Reply after cutting and pasting from Word. I'll have to remember not to do that again...

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    LOL, I have cleaned the switches a few times, but at 300K I think the coating has come off and the car sits a lot, I think they corrode a bit. Got to mess with them to get the windows to work.

Will swap them along with changing out all the door wiring and adding new connectors to the body harness.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    I am going to sell this car. So many projects competing for my time and as much as I have enjoyed this project I decided I will focus on others.

This is a great car and I would not hesitate to drive across the country in it.

Posting here first since there are a lot of hits on this site. I also have a ton of spare parts that go with the car. Including the OEM set of wheels with 4 good center caps. a set of steelies with hubcaps and snow tires. plus a whole lot more. PM me if you want to discuss it.

Photo Shoot from last weekend.

https://goo.gl/photos/szVny8Qu4YcoYSu27

Here is my current write-up which is a work in progress.

1985 SAAB 900 Turbo
    Black Hatchback
    Red Velour Interior

Drive Train
    Chassis and Transmission Miles add 111,000 miles to current Odometer reading
    Motor Miles Subtract 117,000 miles to current odometer reading to current
    Replaced the gauge cluster to get the proper speed signal for the T5 system it had 187,000 miles on it the chassis had 298,000 at the time of motor swap and the motor had 70000
    The motor was from a 90 900T so a B212
    Motor management system is Trionic 5.2 from a 93 9000T. Harness from a 94 9000T. This car could easily be converted to T5.5 by adding the appropriate trigger system, changing the sensor and swapping some pins at the ECU. Currently sporting an AC delete kit the pulleys and wiring exist to add AC, just add the entire AC mechanical package.
    New half shafts drive cups and wheel bearings.
    The addition of Trionic to this car really improves the drivability and fuel mileage. Still sounds like a C900 but runs a lot better. You could also tune this car for much higher horsepower if you like with T5 Suite or hire a qualified tuner.
    Chassis
    Car presents well for a 1985 survivor. Compared to may C900’s it has relatively little rust.
    Mostly original paint with a poorly repainted hood. There was some minor rust repair around the drive shaft tunnels and there remains a few areas that should be repaired but have been coated in rust inhibitor.
    Suspension
    The front suspension has been removed blasted and coated with POR 15. All new suspension bushings Abbott racing springs and Koni Red Shock absorbers have been added. Rear suspension has Abbott springs and Koni Reds as well. The suspension Modifications have lowered the car about 2” enhanced the stance and the ride is really good.

Brakes
    All new rotors calipers and brake shoes along with new front Emergency brake cables.

Interior
    Pretty much stock with a replacement crack free dash and dash pad. Replaced the OEM radio with a JVC unit that has Bluetooth and I-phone integration. Installed Morel front speakers and Kenwood read speakers. Dash Fascia has a small missing piece, all the gauges and lights work. The lower console is removed because it interferes with my Leg and can be replaced if desired. I recovered the door card inserts with Black Velour to compliment the crack free dash. The sunroof was jammed so I removed the mechanism to repair and pulled the headliner shell. I recovered the shell with light grey ultra-sued but need to complete the trim ring at the sunroof opening. The Shell was in really bad condition. The back deck was badly warped so I made a new one with aircraft plywood and spruce spars which is lighter and stiffer. I recovered it with the original material and it looks period.

Future projects – I have the materials for
    · Rewire door window switches and harness from body to door. I have all the wire and some nice automotive connectors, and brand new switches.
    · Install the Kurbads short shifter and rebuild the whole lower shifter mechanism.
    · Install Rear Sway bar
    · Install rear mud flaps
    · Install rebuilt TE05 turbo which will add boost at lower RPM (need one small hose)
    · Install new suspension in passenger side seat bottom. Eliminates pinched ass syndrome

Dream list
    · Convert to Electric Power Steering (Colum mounted)
    · Convert to electric water pump (Davies Craig)
    · Air to Water Intercooler (much bigger capacity than the small stock unit)
    · Paint and refinish the car
    Last edited by jskrebs; 01 September 2015 at 21:37. Reason: Fixed Photo Link

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Converting to electric power steering and water pump may hurt re-sale value. Some might not want to deal with an experimental or non-standard setup. Some of the 1950's American cars in Cuba have limited collector's value because the insides are all Russian engine parts or parts from other cars, like Peugeot.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    It's on the Dream list and wont get done since I am selling the Car. Its all SAAB at this point and I still have the distributor if one wanted to return it to Jetronic.

I'll post some pics of all the spare parts, but it will take a while to pull them all out to stage and photograph.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Link to some of the spare parts Photos, Need to take a bunch more.

https://goo.gl/photos/swzZdrJ7PMKveT7G6

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Bummer that you need to sell it! I''ve read over this thread a couple times for motivation! If I had the $$ available I'd be interested
    Out of curiosity, I noticed a hitch- any interest in selling it separately?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    My daughters 9K swallowed 5th gear so she is DD the 85. I think the car does not want to leave.

Saab(s)
    1985 900 Turbo EAG, 1990 SPG Talladega Red
    I'll bet her friends say that she has a cool car.

Saab(s)
    1979 900EMS, 1991 900S
    Jskrebs,What other projects do you have?