Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Hmmmm Euro sez they are all the same. Gotta follow up with Aussie Ed

About Oil Supply Line

[FONT=Arial][FONT=inherit]Oil Supply Line by Genuine SAAB[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]Oil supply line for any 900 turbo 85-93 & 94 convertible.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Oil Supply Line Fits The Following Vehicles

[FONT=Arial]Click a year range, make, and model below for additional information.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=inherit]+[/FONT] SAAB 900 1985-1994[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]

Read more: 8859480 Genuine SAAB - Oil Supply Line - Free Shipping
    Fix your European car with us at eEuroparts.com, your trusted supplier of European auto parts since 2000.
    Follow us: @eEuroparts on Twitter | eEuroparts.com on Facebook[/FONT]

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Before I get to reassemble the Turbo I got an electrical problem.

Went for a ride with my wife and noticed an electrical smell from somewhere. Determined it was coming from the air ducts and turned the blower to full and poof got smoke from behind the dash, shit! turned off the HVAC system and smoke stopped. Now I gotta pull the dam dash out again. Anybody have the same issue?, if so what can I expect to find. Wondering if the resistor and perhaps associated wires are fried if I should replace the multi step speed control with a variable DC speed control. Saw someone else did this recently, must find.....
    Last edited by jskrebs; 20 December 2014 at 14:25. Reason: Bad spelling and grammar

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Electrical gremlin fixed!

Twas a failed resistor pack, and of course it had to be more complicated than that.

A while back I pulled the dash and changed the blower motor because it was dragging and finally stopped rotating. I current tested the replacement it and only pulled 10 amps, figured that was good. Should have had some foresight about related component syndrome......

I pulled the drivers side dash speaker and did the blind man resistor removal yoga move.
    When I pulled the electrical plug I noticed it was a bit melted and a wire had fallen off. Obviously I would have to repair that....

Lucky that I had a spare wire harness and resistor pack in my stash, however I am not good enough at Yoga to splice 6 wires through the speaker hole so the dash had to come out. Oh man....

Even with the steering wheel out and the dash out there was some advanced yoga technique required to splice the wires reaching down the back of the dash. Mounted the new resistor and tested the blower and only full blast, Crap! Included a photo of the back of the air distribution switch. If you swap the big white wire for the thin white wire, No Joy. Got that figured out and put the dash back in.

Every time I have to replace the dash fascia I curse the engineers that designed it. Getting all the connections and switches along with the vac lines and heater control valve extension rod hooked up is always frustrating. If you have done the job you know what I mean.

I fixed all the dash bulbs and cleaned up the radio wires and made it as neat as I could.

Now on to the TEO5 I have the oil in and out figured out as well as the water inlet since I have a later model engine and the hard pipe off the head. Where the hell does the water outlet go?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Just Got the TEO5 all rebuilt.

Pretty straightforward, took a lot of time to clean it all up. The shaft spins nice and has no play! All the metal and rubber rings were shot as well as the bearings and mechanical seals. Should run really well now.

Issue - The waste gate actuator does not look right? It was loose when i got it and I think the vendor may have picked up the wrong one from his pile. Don't think its a clocking issue because there are locating pins on both halfs.

I have the lower radiator hose on Order from EEuro but don't know what the hose from the turbo down looks like? I also have the upper hard line that goes on the 2.1 head and I assume the water line is simple hose and clamps?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Bracket was bent. Pulled it put it in a vice and used a 36" pipe wrench to twist it back to alignment. That's one tough bracket! Searching for a lower water pipe assembly for the TE05 as the last piece of the puzzle prior to installation.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Spent an hour or so breaking the ice dam on the barn ramp, started the 900 and went for a short ride with my daughter. Pretty glad winter is almost over!
    Can't wait to get the new turbo on and the rear sway bar installed.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Will be getting back on this project after a lengthy delay. I have been driving the Lotus and am still converting the Barn into my Car man cave.

Upcoming Saab Projects
    Install rear sway bar
    Install TE05 turbo
    Install water to air Inter cooler system
    Get a good Mike D Tune! Finally
    Get drivers seat restiched
    Install Kurbads Short Shifter, rebuild the external self centering mechanism, replace linear bearing and rubber Grommet
    Complete window and door wiring overhaul (long overdue)
    Install New window Switches
    Fit rear Mud Flaps
    Eliminate Fuel Smell
    Fix sunroof trim to new headliner mistake....
    Lower Console, I have it removed as it interferes with my leg, need a solution that includes cup holders.

Future Thoughts
    Electric Power Steering
    Electric Water Pump
    Bigger Alternator
    Single pulley Perhaps Multi V from Crank to Alternator

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Glad you're back at it, I was wondering what was going on. Just read thru your thread start to finish! One question about your HVAC wiring since I just pulled my dash yesterday to repair the odometer. My car is a '90 base model; it only has four wires connecting to the distribution switch - yours also has a fifth wire (gray, just to the right of the heater valve actuator ) Model year difference? I'll probably dive into the Bentley out of curiosity.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    I don't know what the 5th wire is. Its an 85 Chassis?

Saab(s)
    1985 900 Turbo EAG, 1990 SPG Talladega Red
    Widow switches were any easy fix on my ’85. I just took them apart and cleaned the contacts with really fine wet-dry paper. No need for new ones.