Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Joe
    Third Saab's a Charm Warren Demontague's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T

Got my car back

...from the stealership this evening. They had it for a couple days to work on a vibration and pulling to the left. After a wheel alignment and turning the rotors, all seems to be well. $329.18

I would have gone somewhere else to get the rotors machined, but I'm going on a road trip tomorrow to visit a friend in PA and wanted the vibration taken care of ASAP. At least they gave me a brand new laser red 'vert to drive around for a couple days. Their customer service is great, but you pay for it...

doesn't care about 'rank' TooMany2cvs's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '90 c900 T16 - SOLD & GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Demontague View Post
    ...from the stealership this evening. They had it for a couple days to work on a vibration and pulling to the left. After a wheel alignment and turning the rotors, all seems to be well. $329.18

I would have gone somewhere else to get the rotors machined, but I'm going on a road trip tomorrow to visit a friend in PA and wanted the vibration taken care of ASAP. At least they gave me a brand new laser red 'vert to drive around for a couple days. Their customer service is great, but you pay for it...
    Wouldn't it just have been cheaper to put new disks on, than get them machined?
    Adrian
    Soon to be living life on the road in an old VW
    http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    It would have been a lot more expensive to have the dealer put new rotors on. I could have done new rotors myself for about the same price, but I just didn't have the time.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    I always get my rotors turned if they are within specs. My machine shop turns them for $15 a piece, that is alot cheapier than new ones.

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    Yeah, and it didn't even fix the vibration I'm getting :mad:

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Did you have your tires balanced? You can even have a thrown belt inside of one causing your issue. The way you can usually tell if that is the problem is by a bubble on the side of your tires.

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    They were going to Road Force balance the tires, which would have been nice. But I guess once they saw the rotors were warped, they blamed the vibration on that and decided not to balance the tires.

The tires are only a couple months old, so I don't think they're the culprit.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Honestly I have a set of tires on my car right now that 1 of them have bubble in the sidewall and the tires are only 6 months old. I am waiting on a new one to come in to replace it. There isn't a age that decides if there is a bubble or not because it happens sometimes when the tires are made. But the only way you can see it is when the tires are inflated. It is actually a broken radial that causes the bubble. Well good luck and have a safe trip.