Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Joe
    Third Saab's a Charm Warren Demontague's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    Thumbs Up:   1

Got my car back

...from the stealership this evening. They had it for a couple days to work on a vibration and pulling to the left. After a wheel alignment and turning the rotors, all seems to be well. $329.18

I would have gone somewhere else to get the rotors machined, but I'm going on a road trip tomorrow to visit a friend in PA and wanted the vibration taken care of ASAP. At least they gave me a brand new laser red 'vert to drive around for a couple days. Their customer service is great, but you pay for it...

0 Not allowed!

doesn't care about 'rank' TooMany2cvs's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '90 c900 T16 - SOLD & GONE
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Demontague View Post
    ...from the stealership this evening. They had it for a couple days to work on a vibration and pulling to the left. After a wheel alignment and turning the rotors, all seems to be well. $329.18

I would have gone somewhere else to get the rotors machined, but I'm going on a road trip tomorrow to visit a friend in PA and wanted the vibration taken care of ASAP. At least they gave me a brand new laser red 'vert to drive around for a couple days. Their customer service is great, but you pay for it...
    Wouldn't it just have been cheaper to put new disks on, than get them machined?

0 Not allowed!
    Adrian
    Soon to be living life on the road in an old VW
    http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    It would have been a lot more expensive to have the dealer put new rotors on. I could have done new rotors myself for about the same price, but I just didn't have the time.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Thumbs Up:   6
    I always get my rotors turned if they are within specs. My machine shop turns them for $15 a piece, that is alot cheapier than new ones.

0 Not allowed!

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    Yeah, and it didn't even fix the vibration I'm getting :mad:

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Did you have your tires balanced? You can even have a thrown belt inside of one causing your issue. The way you can usually tell if that is the problem is by a bubble on the side of your tires.

0 Not allowed!

Joe
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    They were going to Road Force balance the tires, which would have been nice. But I guess once they saw the rotors were warped, they blamed the vibration on that and decided not to balance the tires.

The tires are only a couple months old, so I don't think they're the culprit.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Honestly I have a set of tires on my car right now that 1 of them have bubble in the sidewall and the tires are only 6 months old. I am waiting on a new one to come in to replace it. There isn't a age that decides if there is a bubble or not because it happens sometimes when the tires are made. But the only way you can see it is when the tires are inflated. It is actually a broken radial that causes the bubble. Well good luck and have a safe trip.

0 Not allowed!