Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eliel
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '05 Saab 9-3 Linear
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I know Elgin. These wheels are aftermarket ASA wheels, model JH8, 17" x 7.5", offset 40 mm. That size and offset is perfect for the 9-3 and also doesn't require any type of spacer, centering ring, or different wheel bolts. Unfortunately, the wheel might be hard to find. I tried to buy a 5th wheel for use as a full sized spare tire but couldn't find a source. I use my 16" stock wheels for snow tires.
    I wish i could find those too, if you ever do find them let me know please....i want a second set of wheels to be able to use for summer tires and the originals like you said for winter....oh and btw my first oil change was a great success!! Thanks again!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible
    Hello -

I have an 2004 9-3 Arc - love the vehicle and have been babying since it was purchased. I am just wondering if there is another trick to reset the SID Oil Life settings? I purchased the vehicle used so I had no idea what/when the oil needed changing. I kept abreast of the % and when it hit %18 I figured to change the oil. Wasn't aware of the %10 option. So I advanced the years by a couple - shut off / started the vehicle to fool it because it was set at %18 720 days for changing... still nothing - never get the option to reset.. I tried everything even holding my feet off the floor whilst spitting over my left shoulder - nothing.

Thank you for any suggestions
    George

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgecZ View Post
    So I advanced the years by a couple - shut off / started the vehicle to fool it because it was set at %18 720 days for changing... still nothing - never get the option to reset..
    By advancing the date, you may see it stuck at 720 days for possibly two years. With some 9-3's, there is nothing you can do to fix the 720 day display except to wait 2 years. The % of oil left will be accurate but if you have low mileage and will change it by the date, you will have to remind yourself some other way.

When the oil life is less than 10%, you will have the option of resetting it. Change the oil and reset it. If you wish to change the oil more often, such as at 50%, you will have to look at the SID and do it when it hits 50%.

The SID will also call for an oil change at every 30,000 miles because that is the interval for other services. So if the SID calls for an oil change at 28,000 miles and you reset it, it will go off again at 30,000 miles. At that time, reset it with or without changing the oil. If you don't change the oil, consider changing it at 50-60% oil left remaining or you will be changing the oil when there is less than 0% life remaining.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    By advancing the date, you may see it stuck at 720 days for possibly two years. With some 9-3's, there is nothing you can do to fix the 720 day display except to wait 2 years. The % of oil left will be accurate but if you have low mileage and will change it by the date, you will have to remind yourself some other way.

When the oil life is less than 10%, you will have the option of resetting it. Change the oil and reset it. If you wish to change the oil more often, such as at 50%, you will have to look at the SID and do it when it hits 50%.

The SID will also call for an oil change at every 30,000 miles because that is the interval for other services. So if the SID calls for an oil change at 28,000 miles and you reset it, it will go off again at 30,000 miles. At that time, reset it with or without changing the oil. If you don't change the oil, consider changing it at 50-60% oil left remaining or you will be changing the oil when there is less than 0% life remaining.
    Thank you for the response.

Basically I have to wait until the oil % winds down to 10% before having the chance to reset?
    Given the vehicle I would have thought SAAB would have put some type of back door reset capability... Oh well -

Regards
    George

Saab(s)
    07 9-3 03 9-5
    What you didn't mention was how a BCer would have an official state issued map of Alabama to use as a oil catcher. The symbolism is not lost on me. I have the same map.....