Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabScott View Post
    At this time, I don't have any suggestions to offer, other than the ones having been made so far.
    I would suggest though that a stable of mods/admins be established and some T's&C's and guidelines be worked on and put forth so that everyone here posts under the same understanding.
    I recall another forum that was started some years back as certain people didn't like some of the rules of another site ... strangely, that site has become just a social visiting spot vs. an all-round forum. I could be wrong, but I sense the need/want for both a technical mecha as well as the social aspect all rolled into one nice package.
    Yes, very important. The basic idea is taking SC to the next level with the latest software and a good webhost, a stable mod team and generally a family-friendly place. And let the moderators and members decide what we need and want. I just made the first step in registering a domain and doing the technical part of the setup and maintenance. The rest is up to the members.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabScott View Post
    I would suggest though that a stable of mods/admins be established and some T's&C's and guidelines be worked on and put forth so that everyone here posts under the same understanding.
    I recall another forum that was started some years back as certain people didn't like some of the rules of another site ... strangely, that site has become just a social visiting spot vs. an all-round forum. I could be wrong, but I sense the need/want for both a technical mecha as well as the social aspect all rolled into one nice package.
    Sounds like a good addition!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I just made the first step in registering a domain and doing the technical part of the setup and maintenance. The rest is up to the members.
    Just? That's a major step, and for it I am grateful! I don't like to talk bad about SC, but I sent several emails to Paul, and I get nothing back; all while the forum/community slides down. Thank you Wulf!

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Yes, very important. The basic idea is taking SC to the next level with the latest software and a good webhost, a stable mod team and generally a family-friendly place. And let the moderators and members decide what we need and want. I just made the first step in registering a domain and doing the technical part of the setup and maintenance. The rest is up to the members.
    This is officially my main saab forum now. When I start a saab post, I start it here now.

Joe
    Third Saab's a Charm Warren Demontague's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    Expanding a bit on each of the forum descriptions, particularly for the individual Saab models, will help a lot in being indexed by Google.

doesn't care about 'rank' TooMany2cvs's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '90 c900 T16 - SOLD & GONE
    Call me picky, but just a little query about the "Regional" section...

* Europe - except UK
    * UK & Ireland.

Are the Irish lucky enough to have two areas, or unlucky enough to have just been annexed by us?
    Adrian
    Soon to be living life on the road in an old VW
    http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com

Joe
    Third Saab's a Charm Warren Demontague's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T
    Another suggestion I'd make is preventing posts in The Clubhouse forum from being indexed by the board search engine. That means that whenever someone searches for info about their car, the server won't be wasting time searching through posts about food and "where in the world is this place?" This can be changed in the specific forum's settings.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMany2cvs View Post
    Call me picky, but just a little query about the "Regional" section...

* Europe - except UK
    * UK & Ireland.

Are the Irish lucky enough to have two areas, or unlucky enough to have just been annexed by us?
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Demontague View Post
    Another suggestion I'd make is preventing posts in The Clubhouse forum from being indexed by the board search engine. That means that whenever someone searches for info about their car, the server won't be wasting time searching through posts about food and "where in the world is this place?" This can be changed in the specific forum's settings.
    This option? Let's give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Index New Posts in Search Engine
    (Setting this to 'No' will prevent anyone from being able to search in this forum)

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Looking at the site, I think I would like to see the sub forum breakdown on the main forum page.
    Yes, it adds length to the main page, but you can then go directly where you want to go in one step.

Anyone else think that?
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Do you mean like it has the 3 sub forums for the 9-5? I was trying to set that up so you can collapse a category like on SaabCentral but haven't figured out yet how to set that up.